• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Digex scope

Mark Coffey

USMC MP
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2018
Fort Worth
Does anyone have an first hand experience with the newly released Pulsar Digex Rifle Scope?
I'm looking for value priced NV scope, from a good company, with good customer service, for hog hunting a few times a year on my AR10.
https://www.pulsar-nv.com/glo/products/33/night-vision-riflescopes/pulsar-digex-n/

I typically obsess about researching stuff before I purchase it.... But, this is new product with limited first hand reviews.

THANKS!
Mark

these seem to be one of the latest "LCD" scopes.
ATN has something along the same lines
you dont look through the scope its a TV inside the scope.
batteries go dead and you cannot use the scope etc

but for non life dependent situations that shouldnt be a problem

Many moons ago I had a pulsar N750. It was just ok, in its stock configuration it was good for maybe 100 yards or so.....I teamed it up with a SPIR and it was pretty awesome after that. Useable to 350 yards or so if memory serves me right. Some of the cheaper NV optics can preform decently if you team them up with rediculoisly overpowered illuminators. Wound up ditching it and upgrading to a thermal and ditching that one for a better thermal and then ditching that one for a better.....you get the jest. Nothing was wrong with it once it was teamed up with the SPIR, but for the cost of the N750 and the spir I was flirting with the cost of a used D760. If you wind up getting it I’d look for something like a torch pro to team up with it. Good luck bud.
2E3502D7-438B-4281-A973-151A160CD09F.jpeg

Reactions: WT1
I used to have a sightmark photon. If you had a powerful enough IR light it was ok and could see out to about 150-200 yds. The problem it suffered from was IR light backsplash, meaning if you didn’t have a very clear line of sight you were hosed. The IR light would reflect off any trees or bushes between you and what you wanted to see and you couldn’t see anything but white out. I have a buddy that has an ATN x-sight. It flat out sucks.

These newer ones, sightmark wraith and pulsar digex, from what I’ve seen have better sensors (higher resolution). You still need to have a good IR light. I’ve seen some pretty impressive video of a coyote running in from 400 yds. Looked nice. I don’t know how badly they suffer from the IR splash back issue but I’d bet they still do.

Anything digital and you’ll need a good IR light, they just can’t see without it. And you just need to know it’s limitations and work around it.

One place I found my sightmark could really shine was in the evening when it was starting to get dark. When you’d normally be blinded through a day scope it will still look like day through a digital scope. It extends evening hunting a good 30-45 minutes with no extra IR light.

For true nighttime hunting though I’d rather save my pennies and buy a budget thermal or a used gen 3 scope like a D760.

EZtoForget- Thank you!

I agree with you, I have experienced some of the same issues with ATN X Sight.

I just have a few different hobbies and try to justify the cost vs use. I don’t night hunt enough to justify (for me) the 4-6k for a good Gen 3 or Thermal.

Thank you for your insight.
Mark

I have used most of the digital scopes and none of them have the light gain that the Digex has. It’s better in low light then the gen 2 pvs4 nowhere close to gen3 but the most impressive low light digital I’ve seen it’s better in low light then the SiOnyx monocular. It does have issues with ir splash back and whites out in those situations. Opens fields your golden and if it’s only starlight your going to get an image but not awesome resolution. but with clouds and no moon you will need IR.. if you have any moon you won’t need an ir at all..

these seem to be one of the latest "LCD" scopes.
ATN has something along the same lines
you dont look through the scope its a TV inside the scope.
batteries go dead and you cannot use the scope etc

but for non life dependent situations that shouldnt be a problem
. I have several thermal scopes some gen 2 nightvision a gen3 pvs14 and a bunch of digital night vision.

Can you please tell me what nightvison you have that doesn’t use batteries and is ok for life Threatening situations? cause all of mine need batteries... also my guns need bullets and I normally bring extra of both...