• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulsar Digisight N550 - Review

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    I received a Pulsar Digisight N550 from "Ceylonc" AKA Ceylon Blackwell (he is a great guy to deal with – a real southern gentleman) here on the Hide who owns Deltaoutdoorsman for some testing. I live in a rural area of Virginia so I have the opportunity to take the sight out into some farm fields looking for animals. I wanted to give the scope a real test to see if I could identify animals. I received the scope via USPS rather quickly from Ceylon. I had my wife bring it to me at work so I could read the manual before I started messing with the scope. The manual is relatively short and pretty easy to read. It comes in multiple languages for those that like to read in Deutsch for example. The scope is not too hard to figure out but there is one word of warning – there is no automatic shut off – yes found out the hard way.

DSCN0232.jpg

The scope comes in a pouch that can easily be turned into a carry bag for trips into the woods. When I took the scope out I really thought this thing would weigh five pounds by its looks; however, I was surprised that it was actually pretty light and weighed 35.2 ounces by their instructional booklet (My AR, LWRC Lower, AR Performance 6.8mm Upper weighed in at 9.8 lbs as pictured). This particular scope also came with an IR flashlight that I mounted on its attached rail – again a really easy task. The scope takes four AA batteries as well as the two for the flashlight – the manual says to use “quality rechargeable” batteries but I just had Energizer AA and it seems to work fine. But, I would recommend the rechargeable because I used the scope for about an hour and I was almost at ½ power left in the batteries.

The first night I had the sight it was a rainy night so there was limited illumination outside. I didn’t get a chance to take it out to the fields due to the rain but I did the next best thing. I have a Shepherd that is 29” at the shoulder so I had my son take him out so I could see if I could identify him and the dog (I was hand holding the scope and not using it on a weapon). The dog is about the size of a deer. At 100 yards you could easily identify both my son and the dog very easily without the IR light. As I pushed him out to 150 yards I could still see them easily but I added the IR light to make it easier. Tonight I will get it out to 200 yards and beyond.

As someone else has said on the Hide the videos that are on YouTube really don’t give you a good feel of the scope. The contrast is up way high on the videos. There are two image adjustment settings – Contrast and Sum Light. “Contrast allows rapid image enhancement” and it does do that. It is kind of like turning up the lighting color on a T.V. If you are from my generation (Baby Boomer) you may remember a Black and White T.V. – when you messed with the color it would turn the T.V. lighter or darker. That is what contrast looks like on this sight. Sum Light is supposed to be for “low light conditions” or complete darkness.” I had not had it in complete darkness so I have not had to work it yet. One thing I did notice is that when you turn on the scope it comes up in the Sum Mode and you have to turn it off. There may be a way not to do this but it is too new to me to figure that out.

I did test the scope during the day time to see what it looks like. This is not a day time- night time scope – it is very fuzzy during the day. You can zero it easily but it is not meant for that. I would have love to seen the ability to use the scope as a day time optic without having to turn on the sight as to wear out batteries but to just to be able to see the cross hair. I would hate to take the scope on and off my hunting rig for day and night usage.

Pros – it works as advertised as it can easily make out objects out to 200 yards and I am sure that in some case well beyond that and would make a great night time hog killer.

Price is good for this level of night optic

Mounts easily to a rail. For grins I had a 6.8mm upper that was waiting for a lower so I attached the sight to it and it went on very easily and fit snugly to the rail.

Cons: When you turn on the IR light that is on the sight it emits a red glow. Not sure if there is a cover you can put over this. If you use the IR flashlight you don’t have the red light glow.

No automatic shut down of the sight – have to manually turn off the sight and flashlight.

I will get some pictures up today of the sight and work with capturing some of the images of the sight if I can figure that part out next.

Re: Pulsar Digisight N550 - Review

More Pics:

DSCN0229.jpg

And for the attached Flashlight:

DSCN0231.jpg

I did get an opportunity this morning to see three deer on the land adjacent to my house. I got the Pulsar out to see if I could pick them up during the day light. The deer were about 125 yards out from my house and I could pick them up easily and could have fired at them if it were hunting season. But, as they got out to 225 yards and beyond I had a hard time picking them up in the day light and eventually lost them in the scope but could see them with a naked eye.

I got the USB cable out today and attached it to my laptop and scope hoping that the video software would pick up the scope. If anyone knows how to capture video from the scope please let me know. I did what the instructions called for but was unable to complete the task. Does it need a different driver for the laptop?

Glad you got the scope safe & sound! Hope it work out for you & your needs.

These scopes are pretty scarce right now but some more should be available by the end of next week. If you're interested in one, send me a PM. I've got a <span style="color: #000099">'Hide member deal </span>going on right now that's pretty sweet!

Thanks again JSTARSZ. It is a pleasure working with you.

Ceylon
    deltaoutdoorsman.com (will FINALLY be live again by August 1)
    (901)301-8682

I pretty sure the USB connection is for download of reticles only. The video out/in is intended for recording/displaying images.

FYI - my N550 failed after 1 1/2 hours of operation - screen went solid white. It's going back to Optics Planet today. I gave them the option to send me a NEW replacement if they have one in stock. I really liked the sight for my intended use. I hope my failure was just a fluke.

I'll be recieving a LE sample soon form the manufacturer and I plan to shoot the works with it. I'll mount it on a M14 and give a run.

Hopefully I'll also be able to compare it with a couple of PS-22's I have coming in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pretty sure the USB connection is for download of reticles only. The video out/in is intended for recording/displaying images.

FYI - my N550 failed after 1 1/2 hours of operation - screen went solid white. It's going back to Optics Planet today. I gave them the option to send me a NEW replacement if they have one in stock. I really liked the sight for my intended use. I hope my failure was just a fluke. </div></div>
    Xshot, did it die after a series of firing or was it just in general usage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pretty sure the USB connection is for download of reticles only. The video out/in is intended for recording/displaying images.

FYI - my N550 failed after 1 1/2 hours of operation - screen went solid white. It's going back to Optics Planet today. I gave them the option to send me a NEW replacement if they have one in stock. I really liked the sight for my intended use. I hope my failure was just a fluke. </div></div>
    Xshot, did it die after a series of firing or was it just in general usage? </div></div>

With the failure, I thought it best to create new post. It provide the info you are looking for. Here's the link:
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1922081#Post1922081

I have had the opportunity to use this scope deer hunting at night. (Depredation permit) With ¼ moon or more you can easily see a whitetail deer nearly 600 yards away if you have an open field to shoot across. If you are in complete darkness the 940 IR light will allow you to see deer easily out past 300 yards, further if they are looking in your direction.
    As far as recording, you need to use the RCA port under the brightness adjustment knob on the right side of the scope. This sends a composite signal out that can be recorded on a VHS or any other video capture system. Most are too bulky to use in the field, I found the Pinnacle Video Transfer to work pretty well, it will record directly to a flash drive plugged into the USB port on the bottom. The only problem is the external power supply. I found that four pack of AA batteries will provide a stable power source for several hours of recording time. I built the battery pack from parts purchased at Radio Shack for about $5.00. The only down side was the Pinnacle unit is full of flashy lights, a little electrical tape was able to solve most of that issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FLNightHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With ¼ moon or more you can easily see a whitetail deer nearly 600 yards away if you have an open field to shoot across. If you are in complete darkness the 940 IR light will allow you to see deer easily out past 300 yards, further if they are looking in your direction.</div></div>

This is good to know. I plan on ordering one of these soon and info like this really helps make my decision easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the USB cable out today and attached it to my laptop and scope hoping that the video software would pick up the scope. If anyone knows how to capture video from the scope please let me know. I did what the instructions called for but was unable to complete the task. Does it need a different driver for the laptop?</div></div>

You have to connect some sort of video capture device such as the Pinnacle, or Yukon MPR. I ordered one of these JXD 318 from eBay which is basically identical to the Yukon MPR and is only around 1/3 the price.

Wayne 91,

Have you had a chance to record off the N550 to the jxd 318 as of yet? Did the needed cables come with the order? or did you have to buy elsewhere?

I was hoping I could record directly from the video out jack to my camera's (cannon GL-2) A/V input. For some reason it will not work but it will display the GL-2's video on the scope screen..?

I have around 200 rounds down the pipe. So far the scope has kept it's zero and will hold approx 1 inch groups at 100 yrds with factory ammo day or night.

Looking to film some coyote kills.

Just picked one up and cannot believe the performance for the price. For those who have one, have you been able to get the reticle design software to work (downloadable from the Pulsar NV site)? I haven't been able and am working with Pulsar to figure out the issue.

BTW huge +1 for dealing with Ceylon!

Some video of the first trip to the range...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdQmFpAfGBU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdQmFpAfGBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQrJqmefwuI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aQrJqmefwuI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Just bought one from Ceylon at Deltaoutdoorsman, will have it shortly and a review up soon thereafter.

High hopes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allpredatorcalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayne 91,

Have you had a chance to record off the N550 to the jxd 318 as of yet? Did the needed cables come with the order? or did you have to buy elsewhere? </div></div>

The JXD318 does come with the needed cable, mine however showed up with the audio cable and so a new one is on the way. I have not received the cable yet, so no I haven't been able to record. I could drive over to Radio Shack and buy the same cable for around $5 though. I will do my best and get a video done as soon as I am able

I picked up a Lyra RCA x2400 recorder/media player to use for recording scope video / coyote kills... Still cant get video output from the scope - After trying 3 differnt recording devices, suspect my scope has a bad RCA Port. Sent the scope back to distributor for replacement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allpredatorcalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Lyra RCA x2400 recorder/media player to use for recording scope video / coyote kills... Still cant get video output from the scope - After trying 3 differnt recording devices, suspect my scope has a bad RCA Port. Sent the scope back to distributor for replacement. </div></div>

I've made some recordings off my N550. FWIW - I have also hooked it up to a B/W Sony monitor to view a larger picture. When you get your replacement N550 try hooking to any TV/monitor with RCA AV-In as a test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allpredatorcalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Lyra RCA x2400 recorder/media player to use for recording scope video / coyote kills... Still cant get video output from the scope - After trying 3 differnt recording devices, suspect my scope has a bad RCA Port. Sent the scope back to distributor for replacement. </div></div>

I've made some recordings off my N550. FWIW - I have also hooked it up to a B/W Sony monitor to view a larger picture. When you get your replacement N550 try hooking to any TV/monitor with RCA AV-In as a test. </div></div>
    Post em up, I think we would all love to see some actual video footage of this at different distances... 25. 50. 100, 200...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allpredatorcalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Lyra RCA x2400 recorder/media player to use for recording scope video / coyote kills... Still cant get video output from the scope - After trying 3 differnt recording devices, suspect my scope has a bad RCA Port. Sent the scope back to distributor for replacement. </div></div>

I've made some recordings off my N550. FWIW - I have also hooked it up to a B/W Sony monitor to view a larger picture. When you get your replacement N550 try hooking to any TV/monitor with RCA AV-In as a test. </div></div>

Post em up, I think we would all love to see some actual video footage of this at different distances... 25. 50. 100, 200... </div></div>

please do...very interested in this scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allpredatorcalls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Lyra RCA x2400 recorder/media player to use for recording scope video / coyote kills... Still cant get video output from the scope - After trying 3 differnt recording devices, suspect my scope has a bad RCA Port. Sent the scope back to distributor for replacement. </div></div>

Post em up, I think we would all love to see some actual video footage of this at different distances... 25. 50. 100, 200... </div></div>

please do...very interested in this scope </div></div>

Me and my big mouth! I was just trying to help a brother with resolving any technical issues using the video out on his N550.

I'll try and get some video tonight... depends on the skeeter activity! I haven't posted video on the Hide, so if any of you guys can provide some pointers I'd appreciate it. PM me if you like.

Put it on youtube and give us a link, thatll do.

Here's a video I shot last night. See YouTube playback to 480p.

Digisight N550 ranging coyote silhouette at 200 yards. Facing north with clear skies and a 50 - 60 percent moon 10 o'clock in the east - making for long shadows. The mouth of the grassy area is exactly 100 yards.

First frames are ambient light followed by IR illumination by Pulsar's IR 940 optional flashlight and lastly by a TNVC da Torch. In the first frames the dark shape is the coyote silhouette, which is then illuminated. Battery in the da Torch are getting weak.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzgdGiZ31IM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzgdGiZ31IM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thing you should know. Both the N550 and my mini-DVR are VGA 640 x 480 and that is their max resolution. These larger video's are not as crisp and clear as what I see through the N550 and my mini-DVR. There no eye reflection from my silhouette when IR is used. Live varmints are easily picked up and tracked when there eyes glow under IR. Under ambient light, game/varmints appear as dark forms in contrast to the surrounding area - except when they are in deep shadows. Movement is easily picked up.

Great video and performance is on par with my unit. BTW, you just sold me on getting "da Torch".

Mine has just landed from the UK. Am going to try it out with a few different IR light sources...once I pay the duty and taxes on it

That 300 whisper is damned quiet with that suppressor screwed on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great video and performance is on par with my unit. BTW, you just sold me on getting "da Torch". </div></div>

The Pulsar 940 IR flashlight/illuminator, comes standard with U.S. units, works surprisingly well. The da Torch is brighter and does cast a beam much further. I think the da Torch will really pay off with snow on the ground in cleared fields. That said... I expect the N550 to really perform when the ground is snow covered.

The integrated IR is very useful to 100 yards. Once I build my external battery pack, it will likely be used pretty heavily.

Just got mine too, interested in details on the external power.

And the mini-DVR. Are you using the JXB or something else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got mine too, interested in details on the external power.

And the mini-DVR. Are you using the JXB or something else? </div></div>

I'm using the Angel Eye mini-DVR. Bought it off ebay it's about a $120.00. You'll need a 4gb mini SD card and best prices are from ebay dealers.

In the owners manual there are instructions regarding the external power packs. It has to be one of certain voltages and the polarity (+/-) of the plug has to match. I don't have my manual in front of me ATM to get the exact details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the owners manual there are instructions regarding the external power packs. It has to be one of certain voltages and the polarity (+/-) of the plug has to match. I don't have my manual in front of me ATM to get the exact details. </div></div>

9 - 15 volt DC and a 2.1mm power pin with the center conductor positive. FYI - Pulsar doesn't list the power consumption for the Digisight N550, so the duration of a 3800 mAh battery pack is unknown. Use of the internal IR illuminator will also have an impact.

I just got one yesterday from "Ceylonc" AKA Ceylon Blackwell also. He has been great to deal with. I didn't have time to sight it in on my rifle yet but possibly tonight I will. I did try it out comparing it side by side with a pair of PVS-14 Night Enforcers with 3x lens, L3 200xp thermal eye, and breifly with a d740 sight. The 740 batteries went dead before I had a good chance to compare. Also the batteries in the 550 died in under an hour. I have to say the batteries I used were pretty old. I did not get any pics but I will try tonight or this weekend. to be really fair I should have tried to find an optic in this price range. The 550 I think will work great for its inteneded use. Last night was pretty clear and I tested about 2100 local time. There are a few lights around the farm that provided a little illumination. There was also no moon out. I was able to see rabbits out to about 100yds with the 550. The thermal I was able to pick deer up at over 1000 and with the pvs-14 I could see the corn feild at about 1000 but could only pick out the deer if I used the thermal to see where they were. I think this will work very good out to 100 and sometimes to 200. The illuminators I did not try yet. So far I really like the 550 and it should be fine for varmints around the house. I will be trying it out some more tonight and this weekend if I have time. Also I can see some sort of thermal monocular in my future. It works great in tandem with the night vision scopes for picking out targets. I was suppried they came down. The one I tried I was told would cost me $3800. I am going to start saving pennies and possibly selling some stuff to get this and possibly a d760 sight.

I will also be building a doubler for the 550. I was told this actually helped with clarity and extended the usefull range a little. It will be a 1.7x multiplier on it. I should have it complete by next week if I have enough time. I did not invent this but someone gave me the plans that he used to build one that seems to work great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgmaster1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got one yesterday from "Ceylonc" AKA Ceylon Blackwell also. He has been great to deal with. I didn't have time to sight it in on my rifle yet but possibly tonight I will. I did try it out comparing it side by side with a pair of PVS-14 Night Enforcers with 3x lens, L3 200xp thermal eye, and breifly with a d740 sight. The 740 batteries went dead before I had a good chance to compare. Also the batteries in the 550 died in under an hour. I have to say the batteries I used were pretty old. I did not get any pics but I will try tonight or this weekend. to be really fair I should have tried to find an optic in this price range. The 550 I think will work great for its inteneded use. Last night was pretty clear and I tested about 2100 local time. There are a few lights around the farm that provided a little illumination. There was also no moon out. I was able to see rabbits out to about 100yds with the 550. The thermal I was able to pick deer up at over 1000 and with the pvs-14 I could see the corn feild at about 1000 but could only pick out the deer if I used the thermal to see where they were. I think this will work very good out to 100 and sometimes to 200. The illuminators I did not try yet. So far I really like the 550 and it should be fine for varmints around the house. I will be trying it out some more tonight and this weekend if I have time. Also I can see some sort of thermal monocular in my future. It works great in tandem with the night vision scopes for picking out targets. I was suppried they came down. The one I tried I was told would cost me $3800. I am going to start saving pennies and possibly selling some stuff to get this and possibly a d760 sight.

I will also be building a doubler for the 550. I was told this actually helped with clarity and extended the usefull range a little. It will be a 1.7x multiplier on it. I should have it complete by next week if I have enough time. I did not invent this but someone gave me the plans that he used to build one that seems to work great. </div></div>

Would you be open to posting the plans for the doubler?

I think the you tube instructions are the same as the ones I have here also. I will post them this weekend. I may also be selling my 550 to buy the d740 I tried the other day so if anyone is interested let me know. I have mounted it but havent even fired it yet. I can't pass this deal up on the 740

I finally got the correct cable to connect the JXD318 to the N550 and the video I am getting is terribly distorted. Video looks great when the N550 is connected to a TV. So for now I cannot recommend the JXD318 to anyone until I get this problem worked out. So my advice for now is go with whatever Xshot or BHE is using.

Wayne

<span style="color: red"><span style="font-weight: bold">(Update)</span></span> The JXD318 will only accept input from PAL video sources and the N550's output signal is NTSC. So this is a no-go combo. I have now bought the mini-DVR from Xshot and it works great.

Digisight N550 owners... if you PM me I'll act as coordinator for useful information and experiences that I'll pass on to other members using the N550.

John

Well, I shot the scope at 100 yards in bright sunshine last weekend. While I could not resolve the individual printed targets, I could resolve the paper they were printed on. When shooting center of mass at an 8.5x11" piece of paper, the sight was functional on a sunny day. NOT IDEAL, but shockingly functional for a NV device. Still irritated that the reticle design software isn't working and waiting on Pulsar to enable an advertised feature.

Through experimentation I found that you can close the objective cap about 75 percent and cut down on the amount of daylight entering the lens. Really helps when operating in full daylight.

Ohiogunnut - I went through similar issues trying to sight in my AR and Digisight. My first attempt resulted in too much spread, because of the lack of a solid reference and glare of white target. On my second attempt I used a 50 yard .22 rim fire target (black) and shot a dusk - 100 yards. Very quickly I was able to zero in and put all 5 shot in the bull. NOW... I'm ready... look out coyotes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Through experimentation I found that you can close the objective cap about 75 percent and cut down on the amount of daylight entering the lens. Really helps when operating in full daylight.

Ohiogunnut - I went through similar issues trying to sight in my AR and Digisight. My first attempt resulted in too much spread, because of the lack of a solid reference and glare of white target. On my second attempt I used a 50 yard .22 rim fire target (black) and shot a dusk - 100 yards. Very quickly I was able to zero in and put all 5 shot in the bull. NOW... I'm ready... look out coyotes!
    </div></div>

Thank you! I went with a 50 yard zero and was checking my drop at 100. Suprisingly only a few inches with the 300 which is fantastic.

We have just finished a L/E testing cycle will have some more SWAT T&E videos up on our new website by the end of this week. We still have to edit the raw footage and get it over to our web-people.

BHE

www.bhemfg.com

I put a shoot-n-c on my target, the black was easy to acquire, made sighting in much simpler.

The "one shot zero" is close to a good feature, good enough for non-precision work. Then again, this ain't a 1,000-yard optic.

Finally got a DVR that works (Thanks XShot) and recorded a short video tonight. I set up 2 targets, a 6" plate at 100 yards, plus an 8" plate at 200 yards. I show each target using ambient light (about 3/8 moon), built-in IR, and TNVC "Da Torch". The video isn't nearly as good as what you actually see looking through the scope. I could clearly see the plate & stand at 200 yards. I also plan to set up a 35 gallon drum (should be about the size of a 200lb. man from the crotch to shoulders) at 300 & possibly 400 yards.

Just to be clear, the video on the DVR and my PC are fine. It's youtube that muddies it up a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt8vt1Pm0Vc

Wayne,

I'm pretty sure youtube is negatively affecting the resolution. I don't have the ability to take a video frame and post is as a still photo. I'm using a free version of DivX to view and post videos. My videos are much clearer that what youtube show. Maybe the software you're using will allow you to post a video frame, as still photo, in this thread as a companion to your videos.