• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulsar Digisight N550 - Review

Re: Pulsar Digisight N550 - Review

OK, got out tonight and recorded another video for reference. I set up two 35 gallon drums (19"x30"), at 300 & 400 yards with a 2"x3" piece of reflective tape to somewhat simulate eyes. Both were easy to pick out with no extra illumination, however I show them using ambient light (1/2 moon), built-in IR, and TNVC "Da Torch". Hope this helps with anyone interested in this scope. Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MoDDpACBQ

I finally got some of our Law Enforcement test footage edited and on our website. We will have 3 more videos soon. These 2 test videos are from using the DigiSight as a "camera". One of the videos shows a shooter in a rifle/pistol drill, the other is a paper target being shot from 338 yards away with a match grade AR-15 DMR.

BHE
www.bhemfg.com

I do more than a lot of night hunting & have couple pieces of NV & IR supplement & I got to say that that vid.demo does look good on the Pulsar digital video-image projection NV 'Looks totally usable' and for sure I would purchase it over any gen-2 NV out there . I know nothing of how user friendly it is though ? .
What is your impressions of it for shooter friendly over standard NV ? like pvs-14, d-740 or 760 . I would be interested in hearing how it looks when flipping-up the PVS-14 with a bad case of the green-eye and then looking through ocular of the Pulsar ?

We are still conducting durability tests with various Law Enforcement/SWAT teams.
From our experience, it is basically like watching a small black and white digital tv. We record all tests and edit the raw footage for review. We have some more L/E testing lined up for October. We are trying to expand on the normal use of the unit. Any feedback on our videos is appreciated!

If you would like more information contact me: [email protected]

Byron
BHE
www.bhemfg.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got mine too, interested in details on the external power.

And the mini-DVR. Are you using the JXB or something else? </div></div>

I'm using the Angel Eye mini-DVR. Bought it off ebay it's about a $120.00. You'll need a 4gb mini SD card and best prices are from ebay dealers. </div></div>

I'm considering Angel Eye to connect to my N550. Does it come with the appropriate cable to connect to the RCA jack on the N550 or will I need to find a special cable?

I spent some time trying to use the Lyra x2400 with mine I found the problem is, with the Lyra. The n550 does not make the color code that the Lyra needs to make it see the video signal. One way around this is to start off with a different camera then switch to the N550.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinflint</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got mine too, interested in details on the external power.

And the mini-DVR. Are you using the JXB or something else? </div></div>

I'm using the Angel Eye mini-DVR. Bought it off ebay it's about a $120.00. You'll need a 4gb mini SD card and best prices are from ebay dealers. </div></div>

I'm considering Angel Eye to connect to my N550. Does it come with the appropriate cable to connect to the RCA jack on the N550 or will I need to find a special cable? </div></div>

The N550 uses a standard female RCA jack for video output. The Angel Eye provides an adapter cable that allows proper connection.

I found that the software acts differently with versions of windows. I think it was designed for XP but the newer versions will still work. I found that if you right click on the icon for the software and run as administrator that solved the problem on mine. Once the software is running you may run across a problem with your firewall stopping access to the device. I just turned off the firewall while I was updating the scope.