• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar HD19A LRF

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
Since I missed a coyote because I thought it was farther away than it looked through the thermal scope, I've been wanting a thermal range finding monocular.
The only monoculars available are expensive and have a small field of view that's not preferred for my type of hunting.
After searching around for awhile, I found a decent priced rail mounted range finder(LE-032) with an external screen, so I decided to see if I could make it work.
This model has a built in laser, so it cost's a little more than a std range finder.
It's usually mounted on the rifle somewhere, but I wanted it to have more flexibility.
It fit's perfect on the HD19A side rail and the combo is only 5.5 inches wide, so it still fits into my bino harness/case.
With the rail mounted on the left side (When looking through it) of the HD19, it's perfect for right eye use, as you can see the range finders screen with your left eye while scanning.
I usually scan using my left eye, so I need to pull back from the screen to see the RF screen while scanning.
Since the HD19 doesn't have a crosshair to culminate with the RF's laser, I just centered the thermal on a light bulb at 50 yards and dialed the RF's laser to that spot.
Seems to work pretty good.
I'm going to try and make a right side mount for the AGM spotter, as it's a lot lighter than the HD19.
IMG_1273.JPGIMG_1274.JPGIMG_1275.JPG

Last edited:
I have been looking at those. What are your thoughts so far? I saw another guy using one and he liked it.
I like it.
It's not as big and heavy as I thought it would be.
You can't dim the display, so I'm going to try to overlay some different colored films and see what looks best.
I'm not using it for super long range use, just to range some objects in the terrain that I can use as a reference after getting to a stand location.
I don't have much time to range prey like the guys out west have, my shooting is usually fast paced and in the woods.

Reactions: stefan73
I had high hopes, but that LRF is a BIG piece of shit for use at night . I gave it a thorough testing for several nights hunting with LRF mounted on side of a hog saddle on tripod . On it's advertised performance, the manufacture is a fucking liar.

Reactions: stefan73
I had high hopes, but that LRF is a BIG piece of shit for use at night . I gave it a thorough testing for several nights hunting with LRF mounted on side of a hog saddle on tripod . On it's advertised performance, the manufacture is a fucking liar.
Sounds like my two Leica CRF 1600's that I had. One wouldn't range past 400 yards so I sent it back. They sent me another one that ranged out to 800 yards at first (for about a week) and then stopped working past 300 yards. Expensive pieces of crap IMO.