• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PULSAR MERGER LRF BINOS DISCUSSION

Bcon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
West Tennessee
I’ve been searching the forums to see any discussion of the Merger Binos and have found nothing so I’m starting this thread. I bought a pair a month ago and they have been a game changer for thermal hunting. My trijicon hunter has a base mag of 4.5x I believe and I’ve always found it difficult to perceive distance in the dark through a thermal, so having a thermal LRF has been phenomenal. The clarity and range of detection on these Binos and primarily having two eyes on target and not getting night blind in one eye scanning through my thermal scope are the big plus’s. I’m happy to discuss my experience with these but I’d love to see how other folks are using them.

IM ALSO LOOKING FOR ANYONE ELSE RUNNING MERGERS TO SEE WHAT BINO HARNESS YOU ARE USING THAT FITS THESE LARGE BINOS!?

They do not fit my Eberlestock bino harness and do fit inside my Sitka bino harness but you cannot close the top flap. The factory bino strap is a toy and not what you need for moving around in the field with a slung rifle.
A328C379-94F5-4A39-9601-A99D676FE59A.jpeg

Reactions: mikefraz
Just now saw this thread but was going to suggest the large size Kuiu’s as the medium size works great for 10x42 sized binos.

I have a Halo LR I hunt with but am considering getting a dedicated spotter.. I looked thru a set of Axiom’s the other day and liked them due to size and weight (and price).

Think the Increased size/weight/cost of the Mergers are worth the performance gain? I mainly hog hunt but coyotes are game too since they are a problem for our calves. Only on land I own/know very well so rangefinding isn’t that critical as I am familiar with the distances. Main need is to cover lots of ground easily & quickly when checking fields without having to flash the gun from a UTV/vehicle and make positive ID’s from max 800-1000 yds.

Appreciate any thoughts….

I think the Mergers are very much worth the upgrade. I ran a Helion for a year and a half and it did the trick, but the eye fatigue was terrible with a monocular.

With the Mergers, you never get the "thermal eye" black out. I can scan all night long and my eyes never tire.

They are coming out with a 35mm Version, will be less money and I'd assume still work very well.

The Merger is also a lot more comfortable to use in my opinion. Just like a pair of regular binos. The human eyes are made to work in pairs, so running a bino makes sense to me. They have made it easier to call longer, stay out later, scan more, and the firmware 2.0 is incredible too.

Freaking Pulsar...everytime I pick up their latest and greatest they announce a newer improved version right after.

I do like their stuff tho, that Merger looks good, real good. Still running an Accolade 2 pro lrf but who knows...

Just now saw this thread but was going to suggest the large size Kuiu’s as the medium size works great for 10x42 sized binos.

I have a Halo LR I hunt with but am considering getting a dedicated spotter.. I looked thru a set of Axiom’s the other day and liked them due to size and weight (and price).

Think the Increased size/weight/cost of the Mergers are worth the performance gain? I mainly hog hunt but coyotes are game too since they are a problem for our calves. Only on land I own/know very well so rangefinding isn’t that critical as I am familiar with the distances. Main need is to cover lots of ground easily & quickly when checking fields without having to flash the gun from a UTV/vehicle and make positive ID’s from max 800-1000 yds.

Appreciate any thoughts….
I love the mergers more every time I use them. I don’t have a reference like the axioms but I got them for the exact same reason. We are usually riding pastures checking for calves and coyotes during calf season and it looks shady as hell hanging your whole rifle out the window to scan a field. The rangefinding has also been a big plus bc I always have trouble gauging distance in the dark. They’ve been fantastic and I can ID animals better than through my Trij Mark 3 hunter.

Freaking Pulsar...everytime I pick up their latest and greatest they announce a newer improved version right after.

I do like their stuff tho, that Merger looks good, real good. Still running an Accolade 2 pro lrf but who knows...
I hate the constant equipment upgrades but I do like that they are keeping the software updated unlike my trijicon scope that has never had 1 update in 6 years.

Couldn’t find the answer in the manual that I can see….

Anyone happen to know if the lrf is compensating for angle under the hood?

How do these compete to the Accolade Pro LRF
I have both, image wise..they are the same to us that swap the two back and forth. The accolades use the old battery type and they kinda suck and aren't as ergonomic.
The only gripe I have with the mergers is the focus is on the end of the barrel of one tube and am constantly refocusing it as it gets moved putting them in and out of my harness.

The Eberlestock vino harness is my fav of the few I've tried. Adding battery pouches has been terrific since the mergers batteries don't last as long as the Accolades