• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Talion XQ38 – Thermal Imaging Riflescope

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
Another new one, the Pulsar Talion XQ38 Thermal Imaging Riflescope.

For mounting on ARs, Picatinnys etc. I think this one is mainly aimed at US customers but it is made in EU and will be sold Globally.

The thermal imaging sensor is a 384×288 Pixel pitch, 17μm. The display is AMOLED and the magnification ranges from 2.5-10x.

According to Pulsar the MSRP is $2,999.97 and $2,499.97 MAP, so it might be a big seller for them since it's half the price of the new Thermion 2 LRF Pro.

Have they fixed the thermal drifting zero issue ? Always been a huge issue with the Pulsar

Reactions: FF05
Have they fixed the thermal drifting zero issue ? Always been a huge issue with the Pulsar

Could you explain what it is, never heard of it. Any rerefence?

Huge issue, LOL. Mine have been as accurate as they could be.

Mostly I think people having issues with NVs and thermals are due to them buying the cheapest mount on the market.

I don’t know dude but if you or they are still not acknowledging that this is (or was) an issue then it tell me it’s never been fixed which would be a shame because I’ve always appreciated the quality of the picture for the cost

There was also lots of posts of UK hunting forums (maybe stalkers directory?) I can’t remember. Maybe it’s not as much of an issue where you live but where I live we have huge temperature swings during winter and maybe that’s why some people are more affected than others.

I don’t know dude but if you or they are still not acknowledging that this is (or was) an issue

I have loads of friends with Thermions and never heard of any issues, and they hunt more or less every week in winter and summer. What others do or acknowledge or not is up to them.

I can't acknowledge thing I don't know about or have issues with. I had a Trail 2, no issues. Two Thermion 2s, no issues. Now sold waiting for either this or the new LRF Pro.

I just had my first issue with an Accolade 2 Pro that a friend used "carefully", it was fixed in just over 2 weeks by Pulsar. The calibration stopped working.

Plus if you read your 1st link it says the issue was fixed by a firmware. In 2018 Thermals were too expensive for me. :)

The Pulsar Talion XQ38 is a great thermal for the person looking for an all-around scope at a great price. With a 2.5x base mag and a 9.8° FOV, it can work for virtually any use including hunting for hogs and coyotes. The Talion has many of the great features as the other Pulsar models including video (audio) recording, StreamVision 2 integration with WiFi, discrete and smooth zoom, color reticles, tons of reticle choices, and lots of background palettes. The review includes a product overview, some sample recordings of deer and rabbits and finishes with a coyote hunt.

Korey's Review Notes

The Pulsar Talion XQ38 is a great thermal for the person looking for an all-around scope at a great price. With a 2.5x base mag and a 9.8° FOV, it can work for virtually any use including hunting for hogs and coyotes. The Talion has many of the great features as the other Pulsar models including video (audio) recording, StreamVision 2 integration with WiFi, discrete and smooth zoom, color reticles, tons of reticle choices, and lots of background palettes. The review includes a product overview, some sample recordings of deer and rabbits and finishes with a coyote hunt.

Korey's Review Notes

I always look forward to reading your actual field use reviews.
With the amount of feature rich bargain priced quality thermal optics available now, it's going to be hard for someone looking for a thermal to make a decision on what brand to buy.

Reactions: kirsch