• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar thermion videos to mac/iPhone?

Smith1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Ohio
Is anyone having any luck transferring video to a Mac or iPhone? When I transfer from my thermion to my iPhone the videos don’t have sound. I also computer stupid so that doesn’t help, but if anyone has any tips it would be appreciated

Reactions: black max
I have recently gone through this, including contacting Pulsar. Here is the workaround I found. Download VLC app from App Store it’s free. Connect your Thermion to your iPhone via WiFi download your video. In the pulsar streaming app, select the video you want to save by swiping right. Select the share button. It’ll bring up a menu. Scroll down and select save to files. It’ll bring up all the apps that are capable. Select VLC. You can edit (I have not tried) slow or increase playback speed (I have done that). Pulsar is aware of the problem. I haven’t had luck posting to Instagram. If you have IG look up Thermaloutdoors. That guy is pro staff for them. He tried to talk me though saving on iPhone but I couldn’t get sound to play. For some reason his iPhone will play sound and post to IG. (Really bummed I couldn’t make it happen). If anyone knows a way please enlighten us because this is the only disappointment I have found with the Thermion.

I just tried that and I have sound when I play through the VLC app, but I lose when I transfer that video to the phone. I don’t know why it’s only the thermion, guys on the local page don’t have any issues with the trail series

I just tried that and I have sound when I play through the VLC app, but I lose when I transfer that video to the phone. I don’t know why it’s only the thermion, guys on the local page don’t have any issues with the trail series
I have the same issue. I hope they come out with an update for the firmware

Reactions: Smith1
They have this problem fixed with the Trail scopes, and I would’ve expected that to carry over. Before the last update when that was fixed for my Trail I would transfer to VLC as stated above, then do a screen recording of the video playing in VLC, edit the ends off, then you’re ready to post. It’s easiest if you add the screen recording function to your control center.
It’s not ideal and you lose some resolution, but it works.

With my Digex I have all sorts of hurdles. Have to record with streamvision from my phone, scope won't save recordings without corruption otherwise. Some of the other features like motion alert are kinda iffy as well. No problems getting vids off my android phone using USB to computer. Basically I have to save it on the phone, streamed.

Honestly wish they would have left all that fancy code monkey shit out all things considered.

He is what I use. for videos I download via the cable to my MacBook

You’re the man Max, thanks

He is what I use. for videos I download via the cable to my MacBook
Man, I was all excited and went to app store only to find out it won’t work on my iPad. You know of a specific one that’ll work for me?

Man, I was all excited and went to app store only to find out it won’t work on my iPad. You know of a specific one that’ll work for me?

Are you running a thermion or trail? Someone on a local FB page just posted the update that came out yesterday for the thermions fixed this. He said he has sound now but I haven’t verified

Are you running a thermion or trail? Someone on a local FB page just posted the update that came out yesterday for the thermions fixed this. He said he has sound now but I haven’t verified
Thermion. Yup just checked my app. Will download later tonight and hope to hand out some dirt naps and post back. Thanks.

Thermion. Yup just checked my app. Will download later tonight and hope to hand out some dirt naps and post back. Thanks.

Good luck. I’d like to be handing out some dirt naps, but now you’ll just hear me and my buddy talking about all the dogs we could shoot if they’d just come a little bit closer lol

Good luck. I’d like to be handing out some dirt naps, but now you’ll just hear me and my buddy talking about all the dogs we could shoot if they’d just come a little bit closer lol

IT WORKED!!! Updated and sound works after saving it straight to library from Streamvision app. I woulda posted the video here but couldn’t get that to work. Thanks for the present Pulsar. Now to figure how to make it work on IG. I got sound but black / blurry screen

Attachments

• 2BDDBA5E-B1C8-4751-A1B2-BC60DF3AAD47.jpeg
    2BDDBA5E-B1C8-4751-A1B2-BC60DF3AAD47.jpeg
    798 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Smith1
I have the unv dvr for my apex and I use vnc to convert the wmv from the as card to mp4+h.264 and then I upload that to Imgur.
Imgur will do it’s own conversion thing so that it plays nice with all devices and then I just download and save that copy on my iphone.

it’s sort of annoying but it lets me save and upload to Instagram