• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Punisher/Skull hitch covers - Gauging Interest?

Big Dog Steel

Premium AR500 Targets
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
Lima, OH
www.bigdogsteel.com
I was asked to do a pusinsher skull style hitch cover. Here's what I came up with for the design. Let me know what you think.

punisherhitchcover.jpg

Not sure if these would need to be AR500 or if they would just be A36 mild steel. We will probably laser cut these along with our of SH skull targets.

skulltargetrev2m.jpg

We will probably just cut out the eyes and nose on the other skulls. The "punisher" style skull will be just like the rendering.

I guess, just let me know what you guys think and if anyone else would be interested in them. Once we figure out the material I can work up some quotes for the final prices.

Thanks!

Re: Punisher/Skull hitch covers - Gauging Interest?

That is/will be the most bad@$$ steel target of all time.

As a hitch cover, the Punisher skull would be nice. I would be interested in one. Maybe done in black and chrome or white and black.

Looks great man, a trophy for matches out of ar500 would be something too I think.

looks great ! I think I would get one depending on price.

I like that. What will the dimensions be? Can you do different sizes?

Id get one for my truck and my UTV. How will you attack the male part of the hitch insert? Material and how thick would be nice to know when you get to that. 1/2" Would probably look best and hold up to wear and tear.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the comments guys.

KY338 - We should be able to do different sizes. We will more than likely weld the male part onto the target. We will probably use a fairly heavy tube and drill the hole for the hitch pin. At least that's our plan for now.
wink.gif

TD - We've been looking at doing a lighted version as well. Will use the trailer (4) pin.

The punisher one would be great for the knees.... No points to catch on just a shin buster...I like it alot...

Why I don't know.... but I think that's pretty cool and would also be interested in one. Although.... I'd have to only run it a few months a year here.... the road salt would eat it up otherwise.

Sounds like a plan Ryan, I'm down for one!!

a collector's item for sure,I'll take a couple. Thx

as a long time comic fan, im interested. and everybody laughed when i put the skull on my stock, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as a long time comic fan, im interested. and everybody laughed when i put the skull on my stock, lol </div></div>

290q340.jpg

Even my wife laughs at me for this.

Ok, Here's what we came up with...The size of the cover would be 8" x 5.75". I am thinking that the cover may not make a great target since it will have a bunch of holes in it with the eyes and nose cut out. So with that in mind I think that the cover, initial run at least, will be 3/8" Thick A36 Mild steel. I suppose you could shoot it with .22's if you really wanted too
wink.gif

We will be laser cutting these locally since the steel won't be AR500.

The hitch tube will be welded to the forehead area of the cover. This leaves approx. 4.5" of cover below the tube.

I am thinking we will do an initial run and group buy on these and that the price will be set @ $44 for one and $30 for the second. The price of the first one would include the USPS Priority shipping with delivery confirmation and insurance.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks!

Also forgot to mention these will be designed with class III and IV hitch receivers in mind. That basically means a 2" tube and a 5/8" hitch pin. If you need something else custom please let me know and I'll see if we can add it to the GB.

RE:punisher skull style hitch cover.
sounds good. Keep us posted when you have a prototype ready.

I like them but the more they hang down the worse it is for ground clearance when encountering steep grade with a mid size SUV... might want to think about lowering that hitch

cool!

Adam - We will see what we can do about raising it up a little bit when they come in. My original plan was to put the hitch behind the nose but there's not as much room there as what it looks like.

So Ryan when u gonna ship mine???
laugh.gif

You know I just thought of something!!! A bullet hole in the skull would look pretty tight!!! Just sayin!

I agree about being higher.. rip it apart off road in a hurry... not to mention some of the valley pans or gutter systems the city has.

lighted an option ?

would get one if could be higher and have red eyes ! let me know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I just thought of something!!! A bullet hole in the skull would look pretty tight!!! Just sayin! </div></div>

+1

ok, we have the prototypes cut. We should have pricing and some photos to share early next week. Thanks for the interest!!

could i get one with nothing welded on the back? i dont really need a hitch cover, id just like to have the steel skull.

axe - yeah we could do that for you. After we get the prototype wrapped up we'll get everything squared away.

Did you ever check out those Trucklite LEDs for the eyes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I just thought of something!!! A bullet hole in the skull would look pretty tight!!! Just sayin! </div></div>

that would be nice!

Depending on what the finished product will look like, I am interested. I wonder how easy it would be get it chromed so it really sticks out!
+1 for adding Red lights behind the eyes. I think LED's will look great..

Ok, the prototype is complete. I am really happy with it. It looks great and should be durable enough for even this bunch. I tried to take into consideration as many suggestions as I could. I rearranged things to get the height up as much as possible without getting close to the tailgate. I was able to find a lighting solution that should work pretty well. There are (4) bright LEDs that will light up the cover when ever you turn on either turn signal, back up, 4-way flashers or hit the brakes. If you select the lighted option it will come with the led's prewired and ready to be plugged into your (4) pin trailer wiring. Basically all you do is slide it into your hitch, put in your old pin and plug in the lights, done.

I would really like to get these powder coated, but I am still working on getting quotes. Unless someone wants about 200 of these, chrome will not be an option as it will get too expensive. The plan is to powder coat the rear portion black and the front portion white. The powder coat will be automotive grade and should hold up to years of regular use.

And now for the exciting part, the pics!!

hitchunlitfar.jpg

skullnolight.jpg

hitchlightedfar.jpg

hitchcloselighted.jpg

Final pricing will come when I get the rest of the quotes in, but I will be running a Sniper's Hide Group Buy for these as soon as it all comes together.

Thanks for all the interest!!