Purchase bolt with barrel?

excess

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter+
Oct 27, 2009
St Louis, MO
Re: Purchase bolt with barrel?

As Rthur says. Takes away the concern of having the headspace wrong.

WildBill3/75

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Virginia

I always do it so I kmow headspace won't be an issue when putting together ar rifles.

AZIROC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2012
Avondale, AZ

That option with JP was what sealed the deal for me. all other places said to send in my bolt (didnt have 1 yet). JP, it comes in the kit.

Houston Armory

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2008
Houston Texas
www.houstonarmory.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have noted the option to purchase a married bolt/bbl combo. Is this nice to have feature or a higher quality option? Matt </div></div>

yes, this is a higher quality option and definitely a nice feature that most should prefer when spending their dollar to achieve the maximum amount of accuracy out of the platform

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford

I think that getting a good barrel which is head spaced with a bolt is one of the more important things you can do. Get a good trigger as well and any gun should shoot well.

scullti

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Hartland, CT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or send bolt to barrel maker. thats an option </div></div>

Agreed. That's what I did with my bolt when I got a krieger.

Sc0

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, TX

Some of the Lothar Walther barrels are sold with the bolt heads...
The LW-50 on my AR10 came with the fitted bolt head, made swapping it easier as no worries about headspace.