• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Purchase bolt with barrel?

Re: Purchase bolt with barrel?

As Rthur says. Takes away the concern of having the headspace wrong.

I always do it so I kmow headspace won't be an issue when putting together ar rifles.

That option with JP was what sealed the deal for me. all other places said to send in my bolt (didnt have 1 yet). JP, it comes in the kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have noted the option to purchase a married bolt/bbl combo. Is this nice to have feature or a higher quality option? Matt </div></div>

yes, this is a higher quality option and definitely a nice feature that most should prefer when spending their dollar to achieve the maximum amount of accuracy out of the platform

I think that getting a good barrel which is head spaced with a bolt is one of the more important things you can do. Get a good trigger as well and any gun should shoot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or send bolt to barrel maker. thats an option </div></div>

Agreed. That's what I did with my bolt when I got a krieger.

Some of the Lothar Walther barrels are sold with the bolt heads...
The LW-50 on my AR10 came with the fitted bolt head, made swapping it easier as no worries about headspace.