• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Purchase Oponions-.22 mag..micro groove barrel,etc

heideda

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Alabama, Auburn
I am open to any and all suggestions on the following.. I have a bud that is wanting to sell his .22 mag. Its a Marlin model 25 in 90% cond. ,bolt/detach-mag, with a “micro groove barrel”, which is stamped on the side of the barrel. Basic walnut stock and blued.

link to a pic: http://www.frontierfirearms.ca/images/22w.jpg

-My first issue is judging roughly how much this gun is worth, to figure a starting point.. Second, ANY knowledge and suggestions on this .22 mag., including ballistics(range card!). And Thirdly, what in the hell is this “micro groove barrel ” rifling all about??. It is stamped after the model # , and if you shine the barrel you can tell the grooves are quite a bit smaller, which also allows for a-lot MORE grooves though?.

Any helpful info on any 3 topics are suggested, thanks..

Re: Oponions-.22 mag..micro groove?

price would be 225 new in box and 175 excellent.NOW i don't know about this it might be a type-o but my 2009 standard catalog of firearms says "model 25mg this bolt-action.22win mag shotshell only gun is fitted with a 22" smooth bore barrel. it has a 7- round magazine. hardwood stock. weight is about 6lbs first introduced in 1999." fellows don't kill me im just the messenger just saying whats in the book

Re: Oponions-.22 mag..micro groove?

well i actually saw the grooves like i said, actually having 20 tiny grooves.. was wondering more like, what is the theory behind this "micro groove".