• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Purchasing my first Tikka

JC_Tikka6.5

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Hello all!. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to learning everything there is to learn about rifles and long range shooting. I'm looking to purchase my first Tikka T3X in a 6.5creedmoor 24" barrel. Now I was told to buy an action barrel only since I plan on mating it to a MDT chassis . However I cannot find a place that sells Tikka Barreled actions. Any pointers would be appreciated. TIA

I should but I don’t know...assuming thinking it’s bolt try a thread start here for your main question. May be a faster response and more.

That may work quicker. Beyond that sounds good and you’re in the right place imho. Welcome to Sniper’s Hide, from SC. 😉

I have never seen a tikka available as just a barreled action unless it was used. But keep an eye open in the PX here. I have seen really good prices on used. But you could also buy a complete rifle and sell the stock off. I think I got $75 for mine when I sold it.

I should but I don’t know...assuming thinking it’s bolt try a thread start here for your main question. May be a faster response and more.

That may work quicker. Beyond that sounds good and you’re in the right place imho. Welcome to Sniper’s Hide, from SC. 😉
Thank you🙌

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Interested if you find any results for new Tikka barreled actions. I'm looking at getting into one as well.

Interested if you find any results for new Tikka barreled actions. I'm looking at getting into one as well.
Unless you find someone here selling one you wont find anyone that does new. I just bought the 6.5 creedmoor from Grabagun 710 with taxes .

The Tac A1 isn’t a bad way to start. I bought one and about 1300 rounds later I am loving it. When I shoot out this barrel I will look at rebarelling and maybe stepping up in caliber. Maybe swap out the chassis as well. In the mean time...pew pew.

I've been paying attention to Tikka's myself, and may buy one shortly.

I have never seen a barreled action for sale anywhere and I've seen a lot of people buying and using these on another forum. If you aren't set on stainless, this place has the best deal I've seen. I'd buy it myself if I didn't want a stainless action.

I haven't purchased from them, but others have successfully, but be aware they order from the manufacturer then ship, so be prepared for extended lead times and not the best customer service.

(New here too, but welcome)

I’ve researched this a bunch over the last few weeks. The closest alternative to buying a whole rifle is the Ultimatum Defacto