• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pure Genius

psssh, yall a bunch of fucking amateurs...thats how you are SUPPOSED to mount a scope.

how do you do it? to the receiver?

bolt mount is the only way to ensure proper alignment between shots......the bolt interfaces directly with the cartridge, and with the barrel, this way of mounting the scope accommodates for any discrepancy with bolt placement.

by receiver mounting, you have no way to accurately account for variations in bolt placement, meaning your shot to shot accuracy is going to suffer.

god i thought this was SNIPERS hide.....not ARFCOM.....you think youd bunch of wanna-be's would know basic marksmanship and rifle building.

Bet it was her boyfriend...
GirlWithGun.jpg

Wow. That’s just... wow.

My instructor always tells me about the time someone came to the range to sight in his rifle. After finding the rifle was off at 100 yards this person decided to use a hammer and vice on his truck to adjust the barrel. I always thought that was just a humorous joke. Apparently they are out there...

Actually, the more I think about it, it's still a better solution than mounting a scope on the dust cover of an AK or SKS. A+ for thinking outside the box. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
I’d buy that shit just for a conversation piece.

I guess they couldn't figure out what the 4 holes in the left side of the reciever were for.
I've owned a couple of those Savage 340s. Both were great shooters despite the terrible trigger.
My favorite was the 22 Hornet because it just shot anything you put through it into tiny groups.

They got traded away for stuff I thought I really wanted...