• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Putting a Harris on a rail/keymod (and not spending a lot of $)

nuclear_shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Just putting the finishing touches on my semi auto build. Eventually, I'd like to put an Atlas on it, but for now I just want to get my Harris (which I share between 2 other rifles with sling studs) onto the rail. Don't want to do QD cause my other two rifles don't have rail's to mount onto. Was looking at KAC-KNIGHTS ARMAMENT RAS BIPOD ADAPTER RAIL but was wondering if there were better options. Will accept solutions that mount directly to keymod or a rail.

Novekse troy trx swivel stud. Fits perfect in the keymod slot.

^^ THIS!! ^^

For <$10, this is the way to go if you have a KEYMOD rail (it'll be ~$17 shipped). If you are stuck with a picatinny rail and only a complete adapter will work, then the YHM (which IS the DPMS SASS adapter IIRC) is a good and fairly inexpensive way to go.

You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar. I googled for quite a bit trying to find it, but only got a bunch of WTS threads on barfcom. Didn't think about trying the manufactures site... Item was 10 dollars and free shipping, just about perfect!

Good heavens!! Whatever you do, don't start telling people that...somebody might believe it and then...well...there goes my reputation otherwise!! ;)

I wasn't sure if Noveske would have them in stock or not, but I'm glad they got you sorted out...with FREE S&H on top of it. Can't beat that!!

Here is a link to an AR15.com thread with more discussion regarding Harris bipod adapters. It appears Impact Weapons Components may be making/offering an alternative keymod stud adapter to directly attach a Harris bipod relatively soon. I called the company and was told cost was going to be under $10.

According to the thread, more information with respect to availability will be forthcoming sometime in March.

Here we go with another recommendation of cheap, chinese knock-off products to folks. UTG/Leapers/etc. make some of the worst garbage I have seen and their bipods, having witnessed a good many of them @#$% the bed over the years, pale in comparison to the Harris offerings in terms of long-term durability, robustness of construction/materials, etc. (not to mention, try breaking one and then asking about getting it repaired/replaced).

If they work for you...great. But be aware...they are a $40 mistake waiting for an opportunity to crash and burn at an inopportune moment, especially under any rough use afield.

Here we go with another recommendation of cheap, chinese knock-off products to folks. UTG/Leapers/etc. make some of the worst garbage I have seen and their bipods, having witnessed a good many of them @#$% the bed over the years, pale in comparison to the Harris offerings in terms of long-term durability, robustness of construction/materials, etc. (not to mention, try breaking one and then asking about getting it repaired/replaced).

If they work for you...great. But be aware...they are a $40 mistake waiting for an opportunity to crash and burn at an inopportune moment, especially under any rough use afield.

I don't abuse my toys and I don't play war games. I had enough of war back in the '60s and know what it is for real and was lucky to survive.

I don't abuse my toys and I don't play war games. I had enough of war back in the '60s and know what it is for real and was lucky to survive.

Just my 2¢: If you buy a cheap bipod and it breaks, and then you have to buy a second one, you have spent as much as a Harris. Plus your supporting an American company, which doesn't hurt. And if you're out shooting at match and it goes out that's time and money wasted.

Just my 2¢: If you buy a cheap bipod and it breaks, and then you have to buy a second one, you have spent as much as a Harris. Plus your supporting an American company, which doesn't hurt. And if you're out shooting at match and it goes out that's time and money wasted.

That was only my suggestion. I also have two other Harris's that I can use and a Caldwell that swivels. The el cheepo one is much easier to attach to my hand guard.

Attachments

• M4 complete 1 .JPG
    M4 complete 1 .JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: