• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Brakes - how good at controlling muzzle jump?

GrayRyder

Wandered in by accident
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 10, 2017
    I've been looking at Patriot Valley brakes for awhile and like them because of the way they emphasize protecting the shooter from muzzle blast. But I'm equally concerned about getting a brake that does the best job possible of reducing muzzle jump. I'm shooting a 260 Remington and I'm not overly concerned about recoil reduction but I am concerned about muzzle jump. Are PVA owners satisfied with the amount of muzzle jump reduction?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    I have the Jet Blast on my 6.5 Creedmoor and really like these brakes...

that being said, don’t rely on a brake to mitigate muzzle jump, rely on your fundamentals and recoil management for that.

muzzles don't "jump", but rather the muzzle goes in the direction it is allowed when your recoil control is not very good.
    if the gun is not allowed to move straight back, it will try to go up or to the side.

Reactions: Jknox1030
    I have a PVA mad scientist and it’s very effective at reducing recoil and therefore reducing muzzle jump also.

I have PVA Jetblast's on most of my 308 and 6.5 CM rifles. In my opinion it is just as effective at recoil mitigation as my APA Gen 2 LBs with the advantage of not blasting gas, dirt, and dust all over the shooter and the shooter's neighbors.

I’ve got their backcountry brake (smaller profile jetblast) on a hunting weight 300 win mag. Really tames it down.

I've used the following muzzle brakes (6.5 creedmoor and .308) and my current PVA Jet Blast 4 has the least amount of muzzle jump and best recoil reduction of all my brakes.

-JP Recoil Eliminator
    -APA Fat Bastard gen I
    -SilencerCO ASR
    -Oem Tikka brake that is supplied with the TAC A1
    -Oem Savage brake that is supplied with the Elite Precision
    -PVA Jet Blast 4

If you fast forward to 5 min, 40 sec in my youtube video you can see how good my PVA Jet blast does at decreasing recoil and having no muzzle jump. (disclaimer though: my 6.5 creedmoor rifle does weigh 21 lbs)

Reactions: theLBC
    I’ve been running the jetblast on my 6creed for the last two comp seasons and it’s been great. The lack of blast on the shooter and people around is definitely a bonus on top of the brake just flat out working.

I used a jet blast for a long time and really liked it. It cut recoil very well. I use area 419 brakes now and they work very well too, but the primary reason I switched was because I take my brakes off often and I like the attachment method of the 419 better. In terms of recoil reduction they are neck & neck

Last edited: