• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-22 Mount I can't find

SLVGW360

Sneed :)
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2009
South Central Colorado
I have searched for a couple of hours now and cannot find the thread that had a Badger Ordnance EFR style PVS-22 mount. The difference between the BO and the one I am looking for is that the former is not embedded in the stock, but rather is mounted around the stock in a clamshell fashion. Can anyone help me find out who makes this mount and if it is any good? I may have come upon an occasion that I'll need and may be able to get a PVS-22, but I need to find a suitable mounting system first.

Thank you!

Re: PVS-22 Mount I can't find

When you mentioned about a clamshell style that goes around the stock, this if the first that came to mind. From US Optics -
opplanet-us-optics-m40a3-mvp-mount.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLVGW360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have searched for a couple of hours now and cannot find the thread that had a Badger Ordnance EFR style PVS-22 mount.</div></div> The thread
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger EFR (Embedded Front Rail) Mount is the best solution on an A5 stock.

xc9opf.jpg

651lr7.jpg

Closeups:

2pyyrsk.jpg

2n0tzic.jpg

With KAC PVS-26 mounted:

240wu8y.jpg

w1zr4n.jpg

</div></div>

How does the USO mount onto the stock?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I've found the Badger EFR, but it is embedded into the stock. I am looking for the one that mounts around the stock. I just don't remember and can't find the name and manufacturer.

Thanks for the help.

The USO mount is split horizontally, maybe 3/8" below the level of the side picatinny rail. There are eight screws coming up from the bottom, four on each side, inside each of the side pillars. I think it just 'squeezes' and grabs onto the square sided stock as used on the M40A3.

These pics may help.

pix102390371.jpg

pix771677753.jpg

pix205740645.jpg

495447226_MMavP-L.jpg

Actually it is held on by the holes on the bottom of the mount..the bipod stud hole and the additional screw hole to keep it from flopping..the picture has the mount set up kind of interestingly far back..probably why the tall larue scope mount to clear the UNS mount. also note the 4-16 Schmidts

The pictures do help alot. Thanks for the help.

The one I saw (maybe a couple of weeks ago) was split vertically with a left and right side that clamped together. The USO seems like it might be easier to square up. Is that a safe assumption?

Thank you all.

The USO mount is a good choice as long as your running an A4 stock and dont want to cut into your stock for an EFR or PGW. the other otions are MARS rail or Larue stomp mount.

Anyone know if that USO mount will fit the AICS stocks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John lima_mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MIRS http://www.mccannindustries.com/mirs.htm

Confirmed fit for AICS

John - out </div></div>

If you are looking for something to fit the AICS, forget that piece of shit McCann rail. Just get a Badger IMUNS and be done with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John lima_mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MIRS http://www.mccannindustries.com/mirs.htm

Confirmed fit for AICS

John - out </div></div>

If you are looking for something to fit the AICS, forget that piece of shit McCann rail. Just get a Badger IMUNS and be done with it. </div></div>

I second these two very important comments: POS McCann rail, and GET the Badger IMUNS. I have the Badger and it has worked for several years just fine.
Friends have the POS McCann and IT SUCKS.

I DO have McCann imbedded mounts and they work fine properly mounted in any other stock than AICS.

Out of curiosity, may I ask what the problem with the MIRS is?
Not looking to start any shitstorm, I am just curious, I know it has 3 points that may be considered drawbacks (it fits me well and that is why I mentioned it in the first place, if i thought it was a POS I would not have posted at all); weight,height and the siderails that some may not like, in that case similar mounts with detachable siderails could fit the bill if stock work is to be avoided.
In those instances where you can choose your own gear I think it comes down to personal taste anyway.

john - out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John lima_mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity, may I ask what the problem with the MIRS is?
Not looking to start any shitstorm, I am just curious, I know it has 3 points that may be considered drawbacks (it fits me well and that is why I mentioned it in the first place, if i thought it was a POS I would not have posted at all); weight,height and the siderails that some may not like, in that case similar mounts with detachable siderails could fit the bill if stock work is to be avoided.
In those instances where you can choose your own gear I think it comes down to personal taste anyway.

john - out </div></div>

Too many have come loose in use. When you read from the link you posted on the bottom, where they say they will not warranty their product unless you upgrade to 8-40's and all that follows below, you may understand why some of us do not like them. When you are stuck with a department issued rifle and it has some of the problems mentioned in the link and there are no department approved gunsmiths close by, it is a pain in the ass.
When you have to do all they say to do to be sure you have the rail mounted correctly, versus one single pin remove and replace on the badger, then you get part 2 of why some of us feel that way.

Ran across a FBI issued HS rifle with the McCann and it was loose and HS "knew" all the problems to be fixed when they went with them on the FBI contract, and even with their knowledge, the rail still came loose under hard use. Then we checked the rest of the class's rifles and over half of them were loose and most of those where case riders, not hard use rifles. Could write more, but have better things to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John lima_mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of curiosity, may I ask what the problem with the MIRS is?

john - out </div></div>

Too many have come loose in use. When you read from the link you posted on the bottom, where they say they will not warranty their product unless you upgrade to 8-40's and all that follows below, you may understand why some of us do not like them. When you are stuck with a department issued rifle and it has some of the problems mentioned in the link and there are no department approved gunsmiths close by, it is a pain in the ass.
When you have to do all they say to do to be sure you have the rail mounted correctly, versus one single pin remove and replace on the badger, then you get part 2 of why some of us feel that way.

Ran across a FBI issued HS rifle with the McCann and it was loose and HS "knew" all the problems to be fixed when they went with them on the FBI contract, and even with their knowledge, the rail still came loose under hard use. Then we checked the rest of the class's rifles and over half of them were loose and most of those where case riders, not hard use rifles. Could write more, but have better things to do. </div></div>

So basically they have mounting issues? Do they have any kind of a tension screw at the front of the rail to support the weight of the whole set up above the barrel?

Beyond getting them to stay put, is there any other deficiency?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

MIRS http://www.mccannindustries.com/mirs.htm

IPSC, after you read this, you will see what the obvious problems have been with previous users.

In the classes I have done, the coming loose was the big issue. There were incidents where using a PVS-27 (big and heavy) caused some POI shifts, and this is made worse if the user has a very large scope mounted on the rail. There is some flex in the rail in these cases.
The other part I personally do not like is the rail extends well out above the barrel from the receiver and this allows a large amount of stuff to get under it in a rough environment.

With the imbeds, there is only a few inches of area for junk to get under it, and you can take the top off an imbed if you don't want a junk catcher, unlike the MIRS where you cannot remove the rail if you did not want the junk catcher.

Most people do not use their stuff enough to find out these things. On the police only "SnipersonLine" there have been comments about the dislike from users of the system. I don't remember a single positive one....

jmhe

I'm pretty much in the same boat as SLVGW360, but except that I have the PVS-27's

I'm running the McCann Mirs on my current rifle. I had to go this route due to the diameter of barrel. I've heard of the issues but I have had zero trouble with mine. It does add some weight to the rifle.

I have a rifle being built by Black Ops Precision, formerly Underground Skunkworks. During my chats with Mike I was trying to figure out what stock I was going to go with. I need to have a night vision mount on my rifle. Mike mentioned that they started making the style mount that you are looking for. Here is a link to their mount. If you scroll down you will see some pics of it.

http://blackopsprecision.com/docs/NV-Mount-Instructions.pdf

a little off topic, but where do you get the little black sweatband looking thing that goes between the dayscope and the NVD to block out the light?

Second to last picture of post #2111917 above

I got a set of different diameter rubber ones with mine, none of which are a good fit on the dayscope