• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS-27 mount question

KYpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
wishing i was in KY
Hello all, I apologize in advance as I’m sure this has been asked before but the search function wasnt leading me to the answer, for some reason the links to the threads didnt work on the search results.

I need to mount a PVS-27 on a semi-auto 6.5cm (falkor defense omega) and a bolt gun with McMillan a3 stock.

The scope is a mk5HD 35mm tube in a Spuhr 5602. The Spuhr has a 6mil/20moa cant, 1.5in height.

Two questions:
1.) Do I need to get a zero cant mount to make this work? Will the height be compatible for best chance of small zero shift?
2.) Which mount do you recommend to install in a McMillan A3?

Appreciate it if anyone cant point me in the right direction or link to a previous thread with the answers.

27 should work fine with any difference in cant. I think the KMW munster is the best forward mount, but the efr is also good. With 6.5 creedmoor you could, at least in theory, use the spuhr forward rail. I remember talking to Hakan one time and he said that it was fine for 260, so you should be good to go.

Ok Ill check out the KMW for the bolt gun...I actually left a message with him just a bit ago.

For the 6.5 semi-auto with rail I figured I should be able to direct mount the 27...just wondering if my current scope mount will provide the proper alignment. Dont have the 27 in hand until next week.

I have had my pvs27 off alignment from the scope 1/3+ with no shift to impact. Should be good to go. Terry Cross has posted on here that he has held a pvs27 or pvs30 by hand in front of shooters scopes and it still didnt affect the POI.

As others have said, you will not see a shift with the 27 in the situation you're describing. I gone as with as much as 60 MOA off axis with no shift.