• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pvs14 clip on adapter

GreenMushroom

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2020
Washington
I have a led acog on the way and was looking into using it with NV thinking the 14 might be usable behind the acog and stumbled onto this.

torrey_pines_logic_tp_h_zl_pvs14_universal_riflescope_to_pvs14_1426188958000_1123548.jpg

Apparently these have been around for awhile but I've never seen anything on them so I'm assuming they're not popular. I'll be getting a clip on at some point but it will almost certainly be a thermal. I wouldn't mind having something NV with some reach also but not enough that I want to pony up the $ for a pvs30. This would have the added utility of having a spare tube as a loner when not used as a clip on which would be the majority of the time.

The tube I run on my head right now isn't great but has a res of 76. My understanding is the higher res is only beneficial if the magnification is behind the tube so maybe a good canidate? Is the thing on the pvs14 objective in the pic a magnifier? I have a 3x but it's much larger.

Collimation would be super ghetto with that. Keeping it behind the optic ensures the dot stays accurate. It doesn't look like there's any way to adjust the position of the PVS14 so you'd kinda have to be happy with what you got

"super ghetto? The part on the left in the picture is designed to collminate the 14 to your day optic and the part on the right is a magnifier.

To the OP
I have never known or heard of anyone one buying one.
The OP would be better served by just running a 14 behind a day optic via a monoloc, not ideal but it gets the job done but only up to a certain magnification level given all of the glass involved. Additional IR always helps. I have been using a monoloc for years.

The other option is to run a NV compatible RD like and Eotech 3-0 or Aimpoint T2 and add a 3x magnifer to the 14. I was running a 14 with a 3x magnifier on a LaRue flip mount behind an Eotech 3-0 and it worked great.

The army used to use, and may still use one similar to this. It mounted the 14 on the rail. In a firefight, it served it’s purpose when needed or used.

There also used to be a MONOLOC adapter that attached the 14 directly to the optic.

Attachments

• D1E75EDF-614E-4FDC-A415-99E26A6CFAB2.jpeg
    D1E75EDF-614E-4FDC-A415-99E26A6CFAB2.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
What you posted is the monoloc that attaches the 14 directly to the eye piece of the day scope, you just need the appropriate sized adapter for the day optic.

This is what the military used. It was part of the standard 14 kit.

Attachments

• USGI.jpg
    USGI.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 63
  • TNVC pic.jpg
    TNVC pic.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 155
What you posted is the monoloc that attaches the 14 directly to the eye piece of the day scope, you just need the appropriate sized adapter for the day optic.

This is what the military used. It was part of the standard 14 kit.
My post was two part. It talked about both. My separation of topics was not the best

edited to reflect

Looked ghetto because I thought the collimation device was a red dot. Shows how much I know. Neato

Here are both types the military used to have around. Not sure if they still do or not. Both have some usefulness with a set of 14s even though a 14 isn’t rated for anything above 556 if I remember correctly
892CFE59-1232-46CA-A02F-89E62FAADD85.jpeg

TNVC sells the aim point twist lock for this. Used it with a 3x magnifier behind an Eotech for many years with good success. Much easier for switching between helmet mount and rifle mount.

Which one?

Having done a little research this is apparently the device. These guys have the best pics. They list it as being for an elcan but I think they're all the same. Horta beat me to it but I was already wondering how it would be with my coti installed instead of the magnifier and mounted in front of my acog. Fusioncog?

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Most places had it for 1500 and it was a curious oddity. Then I found it for a 1000. Then I found this.

Notice if Horta buys 5 or more the price drops to 425$..........

So this is the only review I could find.

Apparently the zero lens is also a demagnifier so using the 3x magnifier is a must unless I wanted my acog to be a 1.5x. This takes a lot of the shine off since I couldn't mount a coti and maintain magnification. Also not sure if I could use a gi 3x instead of the supplied one which I would think would be preferable for the bigger objective. Seems like an interesting idea but I think too many open questions to spend 500$ on.

Eta stupid question since I'm way out of my depth here. Is this how something like a pvs30 works? Demagnifies and then magnifies?

Last edited: