• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PVS22 offset from day optic

crumpmd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama. USA
I bought an IMUM from Triad and installed it yesterday. The instructions from Badger were great and aside from .125" radius on the corners it is awesome. The barrel is floated. So I put my rifle back together and with low rings on my USO this is my offset. The centerline on the PVS22 is about 1.3" from the top of the rail. I must raise my scope 0.5" to get it in line with the NV. So I ordered extra tall Badger rings since they appear to be the close match. Anybody ever do this set up and if so what did you use for the scope rings? The PVS22 has a LaRue quick mount.

NVoffset.jpg

Have you tried putting the wrap around it and seeing how much light transmission you get? Granted, that amount of misalignment is pretty stout, but these units don't have to be lined up with your day optic, they are just light collectors.

Quick update. I got Badger high rings and it lines up very well. Test fire shows point of impact 0.2 mil low at 100m under the PVS22. Really pretty good at 8X but better at 6X and 4X. At higher magnification the resolution is poor. It looks like I can easily use this out to 500yrds on hogs with a 1/2 moon or better.