• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Q Fix Barrel Swap Question

josh84ellis

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
South Carolina
Curious about what all is involved in swapping a barrel on a Q Fix? I really like the idea of being able to have a multi caliber rifle. My main question is about the bolt. Is it suitable for a 6.5 Creed and a 308? Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes the bolt will work, as both cartridges have the same case head size and the same overall length.

The Fix is not a multi caliber rifle though. While the barrel is user changeable, it’s not really designed to be a switch barrel gun. You have to fully dissassemble the rifle to include removing the scope from the rail and the rail from the gun, before you even begin getting at the barrel.

Good deal. I guess multi caliber isn't a ideal term. My main objective would be a shorter 308 barrel during hunting season (thick brush mostly here in SC). And then switch to a longer 6.5 barrel for general target shooting. Also, I mostly use Larue mounts so that should help not having to totally re-zero the scope. Thanks again for the info.

I totally agree. I had just seen a good price on a slightly used barrel that I have much more cartridges for. Given the current ammo situation, the price of a used barrel in a caliber I have ammo for is cheaper than buying ammo. But knowing the options is great. Thank you for the input.

Overall a pretty easy process. Have to remove the scope then top rail then forearm then barrel which is a barrel nut/extension setup. Not too bad. While not needed a vice and mag block really help out as well.
not in the same league as the AI or Desert Tech that can be done in the field and still hit something after the swap.

Reactions: josh84ellis
I suppose that you can remove the handguard without removing the scope and rail if you use the shortest rail. There should be enough clearance between the scope and the rail to take off the only screw holding the handguard.