• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Q "The Fix" Arca Swiss plate by RAD-Pro Innovations

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Hello all, I'm organizing a group by for an arca swiss dovetail rail made by my good friend Greg Radcliff of RAD-Pro Innovations.

Some of you may know Greg from PRS matches as well as when he was a gunsmith for a prominent rifle builder. Greg has started his own machining business and does work for IT and Defense contractors as well as NASA. He's a great guy and a truly talented machinist. He made me an Arca Swiss plate for my Fix and in exchange I'd like to help him sell some of them and start making a name for himself in the gun industry.

The rail has the following features:

- Compatible with Q's "The Fix" and should work on the Honey Badger, Minifix, and Remington RACS as well but mounting length may be hindered toward the rear.
    - 6061 alluminum construction.
    - Type III black hard coat anodizing on the production model for strength.
    - 6" long to allow enough rail for ease of mounting and positioning and give a solid pad for shooting offhand or a bag, but not so long to add unnecessary weight.
    - 3x T25 Torx screws (provided) the same profile and length as the rest of the Q attachments to maintain compatibility.
    - Fully radiused edges on all sides to prevent snagging or cutting of hands or gear.
    - 8x32 stop screws front and rear which can be used or removed depending on individual needs.
    - DESIGNED AND MADE IN THE BEST DAMN COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET.

You will notice that the prototype does not have any coating. The production model will be be black anodized for added strength. We're using a local company for this who does top shelf work, it will cost a little more than if we sent it out to the lowest bidder but we are familiar with their work and using a local company will eliminate 1-2 weeks of back and forth shipping which will get them in your hands faster

You will also notice that we did not making any skeletonizing cuts on the rail. Sure those may look cool, but they're uncomfortable in the hand and add machine time which drives up production costs. We kept this rail to a minimalistic design, quite frankly we were hesitant to go 6" but we wanted to make sure there was plenty of rail space for mounting and to allow some front and rear play to find that perfect balance spot. You will also notice our indexing/recoil lugs on the top were kept to a minimum to help save weight where it won't cut your hands.

The rail has a slight offset with more overhang to the rear. This allows it to get as close as possible to the mag well without having to add more height and bulk (weight) by having a rail that will go all to the mag well. The slightly shorter front overhang allows it to be positioned all the way to the front of the rail without an overhang.

We wanted to utilize the same hardware as the rest of the Q rails so that you can borrow screws from it for other rails if need be as well as not have to worry about missing screws up if you are removing your rails for any reason. We also didn't want the user to require any other tools for adding or removing the rails so the three attachment screws are T25's just like the rest of them. We could not use T25's for the stop screws unfortunately because they would have needed to be much larger in diameter which would sacrifice usable rail space with them install. You do lose a little bit of the 6" rail space with the stops installed but we didn't want to make it any more than it needed to be. The stop screws will be T15 to keep the same type of wrench.

The engraving and location on the production models is subject to change. They will be engraved with the shop info but will not have serial numbers. The engraving will be under the anodizing so it will be subtle.

The price is $90 per rail + $10 priority mail insured shipping which is a flat shipping rate for up to 10 rails. We can also offer custom letter or numerical engraving for an additional $20, sorry no logos or graphics, we're not setup for that. Due to ITAR requirements we cannot ship this item out of the USA. Payment can be made via Paypal or check. If there's enough interest I'll set up a link where they can just be ordered. For now please PM me through the site or email me at [email protected].

The first batch WILL ship by the end of February/first week of March and we're looking to deliver early if possible. Greg is going to begin running rails immediately and if there's enough orders soon enough the first batch will be going to anodizing early. Unlike many products in this industry we will not keep people waiting with missed promises and dates, your rail will be delivered in a timely and professional manner.

Thanks for checking this out and feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you have any other requests. If there's enough interest, I'm sure Greg will make it. We have some other cool stuff already in the works.

Wish I saw this two days ago. Bought a RRS picatinny to Arca Swiss adapter. I guess that’s being sent back for a refund now. This is exactly what I needed.
    I’ll email you, put me down for one.

You mentioned you may be making additional items. Will you be posting info on them in this thread or another. I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

I haven’t heard back from you so I’m assuming the run is t done but I’m anxious to get my plate from you guys and would gladly prepay. Thanks.

Also interested- any chance of doing a shorty cut version? Trying to keep weight to an absolute minimum but open to ideas

You guys can talk to Greg and he’d probably do another run if there’s enough interest, but it’s not feasible for me at this point. There was also zero profit on them due to where I had to price them.