• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes QD mount to switch scopes on AR15/AR10 platforms?

eeshooter45

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2009
TX
I'm thinking about getting a LaRue or similair quick detach mount to switch a Nightforce scope between a couple of LR308 rifles and a AR15 rifle. I know I'll have to rezero every time I switch but can't afford 3 scopes right now.
LaRue QD mount
Has anyone else done this or used this mount? Would a 50 or 56mm Obj lens have enough clearance?
Thanks

Re: QD mount to switch scopes on AR15/AR10 platforms?

I've used the Larue QD mount for mounting a S&B Short Dot on an AR. It holds zero very well, I've taken it off and put it back on a bunch of times with no loss of zero. Call Larue about the clearance issues, they will probably be able to tell you whether or not you'll clear the objective bell.

LaRue LT101 is the ticket. Should have no problems with medium or low 30mm rings when it comes to clearance on 56mm objective. Probably will want low rings.

Might consider Warne Maxima QD rings. All depends on if your forend is level to your receiver's picatinny rail. I removed about 5 rails from my Badger Ord handguard to enable a 50mm leup mk4 4.5-14 to clear without a riser. Just use TPS med 30mm rings. Have room, without the rails, for flip up cap clearance as well. Still have 4 rails in front of receiver and about 6 out at gas block.

Get a bushnell 74-3333 bore sighter, or similar with grid, and you can reset your zeros as you interchange scope between rifles.

LaRue riser is .5", Kinda high if you don't need clearance for BUIS or other gizmos.

I have both Larue and Warne QD rings. They both are high quality products. You won't go wrong with either, there are other high quality ones as well.

i have an ARMS 19a that works excelently

Re: QD mount to switch scopes on AR15/AR10 platfor

I have 2 larue's and they are both great. I would reccomend them for any AR platform

Someone once told me (I believe it was on this site): "If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the answer."

After I heard that, I got a LaRue QD mount, and now I'm a believer too.

Did someone say LaRue yet! ARMS is junk compared to LaRue.

I've got two of the ADMs and they work great. Very well built!

grendel02.jpg