• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes QD Scope Mount Recommendations

whammy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
All,

I am looking for a lightweight, inexpensive, quick disconnect scope mount. I’m doing some research, prices wildly vary. Just wondering what others have found that do not break the bank.

Thanks!

you could look for a lightly used one in here i don't know depending on how cheap you want to be, i went with a Larue qd lt 104 think it was $210 + shipping . the regular height model was probably the one i should have purchased not the high one.

I like both American Defense & Bobro. The ADMs are a little lighter & cheaper, but the Bobros have better fit & finish to me. both have held zero and remounted without issue. I'm just a hobbyist, so those that do this for a living can provide that input, but mine have held up through training classes & 2/3 gun event.

I have an ADM Recon 20 MOA mount on an AR and it works great. Return to zero is perfect for me. Look at used options and you should be able to find something in the $100-120 range if you are patient.

American Defense is GTG in my eyes. Price is right, they work great, and mine both return to zero

Reactions: samnev
Get a $30 Wheeler fat wrench, a Badger or NF unimount, and try to forget about anything that has a silly lever on it.

Reactions: JWG
Get a $30 Wheeler fat wrench, a Badger or NF unimount, and try to forget about anything that has a silly lever on it.
Unless something broke. All my bolt guns have rings and a base, but if the weapon is a tool, parts if it may break. I used qd so I could remove and do iron sight work. Unless there is a "shit that doesn't break" store that the op can shop at, I see no reason not to at least question the need and use of a QD mount.

99% of the people out there (including my former self) believe they need QD because that’s what they read on the internet. Unless you’re out kicking in doors in defense of our great nation.... is an optic failure really so crucial that you don’t have the time to break out a crescent wrench or pair of pliers to back off a 1/2” nut?

Honestly.

Time constraints, not a problem; torque specs, maybe if you're using a "1/2 inch crescent wrench". If the user prefers the ability to swap, why not make it easy and reliable?

99% of the people out there (including my former self) believe they need QD because that’s what they read on the internet. Unless you’re out kicking in doors in defense of our great nation.... is an optic failure really so crucial that you don’t have the time to break out a crescent wrench or pair of pliers to back off a 1/2” nut?

Honestly.

I have to agree with you.

QD on a HD/SD gun I can see, however, if the OP is looking for a precision rifle be it a bolt gun or semi-auto QD presents more potential problems than it solves in my opinion.

Time constraints, not a problem; torque specs, maybe if you're using a "1/2 inch crescent wrench". If the user prefers the ability to swap, why not make it easy and reliable?

That’s why I said get a torque wrench. With the same torque applied every time, any solid unimount has really great return to zero. Without all the extra weight and complexity of the levers and contraptions. Not to mention at least half of the QD mounts everyone recommends have vertically splits rings, and we all know how that goes. Hell you can do the same thing with a solid pair of rings too.

If it breaks, it’s not hard to get off. That’s all I’m saying.

Honestly.

I do not need QD. However, the convenience is nice especially if you can find a mount that allows an easy return to zero. Why deal with a wrench when you don't have to? It's just another tool to bring.

Agreed!

I have to agree with you.

QD on a HD/SD gun I can see, however, if the OP is looking for a precision rifle be it a bolt gun or semi-auto QD presents more potential problems than it solves in my opinion.

What potential problems do you see?

I do not need QD. However, the convenience is nice especially if you can find a mount that allows an easy return to zero. Why deal with a wrench when you don't have to? It's just another tool to bring.

Agreed!

What potential problems do you see?

No QD mount has a perfect return to zero.

It may only be 1 or 2 tenths off but it won't be perfect.

I'd rather spend the extra minute and break out the Borka.

The only QD mounts I might consider would be the Spuhr, GDI, or maybe the ARC M10 QD. The ARC isn't exactly a true QD though.

No QD mount has a perfect return to zero.

It may only be 1 or 2 tenths off but it won't be perfect.

I'd rather spend the extra minute and break out the Borka.

The only QD mounts I might consider would be the Spuhr, GDI, or maybe the ARC M10 QD. The ARC isn't exactly a true QD though.

All too expensive for what I am looking for.