• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Qestion about NightForce scopes.

cavscout77

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2008
Does anyone know if there are any fake ones out there? It seems that any other optic out there has been copied by someone else and I am sure there are lots of people that have gotten burned because of it.

Re: Qestion about NightForce scopes.

I've never heard of one....

You looking for a niche in the marker? Grin. 'twas a joke man.

Just wondering if there were any out there. I have been offered one on a rifle in a trade. I have never heard of or seen one, but there are those on here way more knowledgeable than I am.

Your best bet would be to call Nightforce with the scope's serial number . . .

The guy that is offering the trade doesn't have the box or any of the paperwork that came with it? If he sent his warranty card in then surely NF can look up the SN and search for an active warranty.

NF are not that global player like Leupold,so the china clone companys did not copy NF,not at this time,will see what future brings

There was a nightforce knock off for a while on ebay. I belive the company that was selling them is the same company that sold the xd optics scopes. But they where not called nightforce they where called lightforce nsx not (nightforce nxs) but they where around for about a year then they came out with that new xd optics job. That the chinese army uses
smile.gif
Like everyone has said call nightforce with the serial number they will let you know if it legit or not.

To our knowledge, nobody has produced an NXS clone at this time.
In the past there have been clones of our very early models such as the Varminter - they look essentially like our Benchrest scopes but in 3.5-15x or 5.5-22x. While they pop up from time to time, you just don't see them that often.

Thanks for the responses. It would suck to think you are getting a $1400 scope and find out it is a $40 scope. If the deal goes through, I will get in contact with NF and give them the SN from it.

Hi guys,
I work for Lightforce in Australia, and Lightforce is and always has been the parent company of Nightforce Optics. We still make the 3.5-15x56mm NF series scopes, but they are not sold in the USA. The 5.5-22x56mm NF was discontinued some years ago.
If anyone wants to varify this info, feel free to contact our sales manager for Nightforce Optics, Steve Smith, at [email protected]
or Jeff Huber at the Orofino facility.
Cheers,

Andrew Noble