• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quad rail/ infrared sighting and illumination devices

USMC-03XX

03XX
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2022
Kansas
So currently I’m saving for some
Gen 3 Pvs-14 white phosphorus monocular. I need an ir sighting system? (Laser) and lighting system (light) When I served we were still using pec -2s and they sucked. Little bump zero lost. Size of a 1990’s controller. I don’t need current Socom issued shit, but I want something legit preferably around 1500$ no idea what brands I should be looking at or models. Any advice helps. I know holosun has something it again no ideA. God bless
And thank you all

Depends on what you want and how much you’re willing to spend. For your $1500 budget, the dbal-d2 is one of your best civilian laser options. If you step that budget up the top dog civvie laser is the mawl.. I would save up a couple hundred more dollars and find a decent FP peq-15. Definitely a step up from the peq-2 and has enough juice to do whatever you want.

Reactions: USMC-03XX
Depends on what you want and how much you’re willing to spend. For your $1500 budget, the dbal-d2 is one of your best civilian laser options. If you step that budget up the top dog civvie laser is the mawl.. I would save up a couple hundred more dollars and find a decent FP peq-15. Definitely a step up from the peq-2 and has enough juice to do whatever you want.
Much appreciated 🙏🏻🇺🇸

Depends on what you want and how much you’re willing to spend. For your $1500 budget, the dbal-d2 is one of your best civilian laser options. If you step that budget up the top dog civvie laser is the mawl.. I would save up a couple hundred more dollars and find a decent FP peq-15. Definitely a step up from the peq-2 and has enough juice to do whatever
Much appreciated 🙏🏻🇺🇸
just wanted to add… FP peq15’s can be found on here occasionally and places like tacswap. Obviously just do your homework to avoid scammers.

The MAWL is seriously awesome but spendy, the Holosun works well inside 50 yards but I had some difficulties with target ID at 100 (though I am running older green tube PVS14s) on a couple of older rifles I have a Dbal-I2 and an Otal, paired with surefire wl/ir lights and a modlight dual switch and they run great but they are a pain to zero

The MAWL is seriously awesome but spendy, the Holosun works well inside 50 yards but I had some difficulties with target ID at 100 (though I am running older green tube PVS14s) on a couple of older rifles I have a Dbal-I2 and an Otal, paired with surefire wl/ir lights and a modlight dual switch and they run great but they are a pain to zero
So basically I need to man up and save for a mawl after I get my nod…. Lol I kinda figured this might happen 🤣

Reactions: MediumSpeed
So basically I need to man up and save for a mawl after I get my nod…. Lol I kinda figured this might happen 🤣
No, not really. If you want to stay civvie laser then dbal-d2 or mawl. Mawl is x2 the price of dbal but sometimes you can catch the dbal on sale. If you want to go grey market then the FP peq15 can be had for several hundred more dollars than the dbal. If you have mil/leo credentials you can buy FP units new from some companies…. The mawl is awesome but I prefer peq15 and ngal for its size/footprint and the ergonomics just work for me.

Something to keep your eye out for is the option from eotech that will be trickling out over the next couple of years. They are supposed to be having a civvie option available.

• Love
No, not really. If you want to stay civvie laser then dbal-d2 or mawl. Mawl is x2 the price of dbal but sometimes you can catch the dbal on sale. If you want to go grey market then the FP peq15 can be had for several hundred more dollars than the dbal. If you have mil/leo credentials you can buy FP units new from some companies…. The mawl is awesome but I prefer peq15 and ngal for its size/footprint and the ergonomics just work for me.

Something to keep your eye out for is the option from eotech that will be trickling out over the next couple of years. They are supposed to be having a civvie option available.
I remember the pec 15 but had very little time with it. Had it for maybe 6 moths before I got out. Im not active anymore just a gardener now. Like Confucius said “it is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war”well im tree trimmer. Close enough haha. I work by power lines so the pay is slightly better. So im not sure if that’s an issue….. Eating ramen but still paying all my bills I can put back 400-600$ weekly. I have absolutely no life and am totally fine with that. I just want to finish my kit so I can save up for a little piece of land and build a tiny home and reload my own ammo and shoot all day. Sounds like heaven to me.

Reactions: black5.3
I dont know much about this so am going to show my ignorance and offer some less expensive options that might work. I have a High tech redneck T20 light in a ring I can put on my rifle if I want to, but I usually keep it n my helmet. My laser is a PERST1 ir. They both seem to have plenty of power.

from watching videos online, what about a Luna L3 for your light? I don’t know f you could use another one as an aiming laser. Obviously two piece so more bulky, but they look powerful and it would be less money.

or maybe the Luna for your light and a Tor laser from TNVC?

I also saw a video for a Holoson PID dual ir light and laser that was very affordable but couldn’t tell about the throw.