• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality Of Parts Are Lacking

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I recently bought a bare slide for a Glock 19 from Rock Slide. I've bought from them in the past and have liked what I bought. However this time, not so much. I don't know if it's the coating was applied to thick or their tooling was off by a thousandths or so. But this slide fought me every step of the way. Firing pin channel was a bear to install, had to sand it down a bit. The extractor needed a LOT of sanding and polishing for it to work, way too tight. The rear sight dovetail needed to be filed own, my sight pusher couldn't install the sight (actually was bending the screw) and the overall finish isn't what it's been in the past.

Do you think it's because of the rush to get as many parts out the door or maybe another reason?

I'd give them a courtesy call and relay your concerns ( especially since you are a repeat customer ). They might be able to help and / or provide some guidance for the issues.

I'd give them a courtesy call and relay your concerns ( especially since you are a repeat customer ). They might be able to help and / or provide some guidance for the issues.

I knew what to do. The slide is completed and waiting for a range day to check out. Operationally, it seems to be okay. I just need to make sure it goes Pew, Pew, Pew.

Thanks!

Maybe give them a call and see if they can credit you the difference between what you paid and what a blem sells for?