• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Quantico, VA and the Greater DC area

dohnuts58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
the big MO
I am a member at the Quantico Shooting Club, and was just trying to find out if there were any others here. Or if anyone is a member/owner of a good place to shoot anywhere around here.

Re: Quantico, VA and the Greater DC area

I along with a couple of friends from work are planning on joining this coming weekend. I have heard that getting a range open is a rarity.

Do you know if there is typically a range open on most Saturdays?

Its match season at QSC--go to the match section in the lower right corner to see the status of range 4 (most used rifle range). Range 1 is usually up every other weekend.

I see in the match section full bore range 4 on the 25th. Is recreational shooting allowed (I dont intend to compete). I brought a couple .22lr rifles, a .223 and a .308. I have only shot out to 400 so far (excluding 750 with a friends 82a1) so 1000 might be a little optimistic, but I would like to try it; I just dont have great expectations out of it.

What types of targets are allowed.

bsalbrig,

Aloha. The Quantico Shooting Club's website is www.quanticoshootingclub.com.

The targets for the 100-300yds range (ie. Range #1, 7-300yd) are of the free-standing PVC variant. Personally using a design a la the target shown at http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/build-a-simple-portable-pvc-target-stand/

Works great!. Stows/transports easily and can be easily configured to support steel targets on Range #4 (1000yds) by adding with 2 addl PVC elbows, 2 vertical PVC members, and 1 horizontal PVC member. (think: inverted "U" add-on). The x-by-y size of the steel targets are up to the shooter. I've seen 18in x 18in and 24in x 24in.

I’m looking at pcs’sing to the DC area Fort Meyer in October-ish and I’m looking for a moderate to long distance range (500-800 Yds-meters) in the surrounding area , help would appreciated… Thanks
Oh yeah tried the link to Quantico shooting club and its tango uniform

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FLGator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m looking at pcs’sing to the DC area Fort Meyer in October-ish and I’m looking for a moderate to long distance range (500-800 Yds-meters) in the surrounding area , help would appreciated… Thanks
Oh yeah tried the link to Quantico shooting club and its tango uniform

</div></div>

Bridgeville DE has a 100-600 yd range and the 1000yd range will be up and running soon (last I checked). Bridgeville - Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club, Rifle Range Road, Bridgeville, DE 19933.
Phone: 302-422-0233
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25-100 yds), Indoor Pistol (25 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100 to 600 yds), Indoor Rifle (50 yds), Muzzleloading, Archery

It's a hike for you but a great range/ nice folks runnin it.

Pretty sure there's a 1000yd range in or near Cambridge, MD, possibly called the Cambridge Skeet & Gun Club. I believe it's open to the public. Haven't been out there yet but I do know there is a gun manufacturer out there, LWRC International. It might be a little closer than Delaware for someone coming from Quantico/D.C.

MCB Quantico Range 4 Sat, July 9, 9am – 4pm
Same again Sun, July 10, 9am – 4pm