• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quarantine Workouts

HogsLife

War Machine Leather Works
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2018
    N. Idaho
    What are you guys doing?

I’ve been doing the “Deck of Cards”‘workout.

Spades = Chest : Push Ups / DB Press

Hearts = Legs / Shoulders : Squats w DB Press, Lunges

Clubs = Arms : DB Curls / Tricep Ext

Diamonds = Abs

Draw a card,

Suite establishes Exercise / Muscle Group

Number establishes Reps (if reps are to low, do 4 count)

try and make it through the whole deck. Don’t rest inbetween excersizes.

nice little workout

Reactions: Josh1978
    same as I always have, 1/2 mile on the eliptical as a warm up, abs, madcow 5x5. I've started doing more cardio on the off days recently, but not due the quarantine.
    I've always done my workouts at home though, so this is nothing new

Reactions: HogsLife
    I just spent a fair amount of money on a weights, squat rack, dumbells etc. I have always despised working out at home, but it's the only option now and if I get out of the habit, I'm screwed.

My gym is closed.

On top of standard cardio.. Hikes on trails in my nearby area. Incorporating plate carriers as of today, and gonna put a 25-45 pound plate in my ALICE mountain ruck later.

At the fort, doing kettlebells on various cycles/sets/supersets, or whatever the hip term is, "metcon" or metabolic conditioning.... I just call it burning alotta calories in a short time LOL. I only have one 16kg, 20kg, 24kg bells plus some standard barbell weights. Nothing too crazy.

Last edited:
    Been riding on the roads in the neighborhood, 18 miles yesterday, which I HATE to ride on the pavement. Our 2 mile trail, jump track and pump track is almost dried back out. The normal garage workout routine every other day. That's about it here!

My gym is closed.

On top of standard cardio.. Hikes on trails in my nearby area. Incorporating plate carriers as of today, and gonna put a 25-45 pound plate in my ALICE mountain ruck later.

At the fort, doing kettlebells on various cycles/sets/supersets, or whatever the hip term is, "metcon" or metabolic conditioning.... I just call it burning alotta calories in a short time LOL. I only have one 16kg, 20kg, 24kg bells plus some standard barbell weights. Nothing too crazy.
    I've incorporated my carrier as well, loaded out when I'm on the eliptical. Working my way up on that, I still can't quite do the entire time with it on, but I get about 20 minutes with it

Reactions: clcustom1911
    If you guys need some training to follow check out...

powerathletehq.com/COVID

Free AT HOME training program that uses about 50 bucks worth of stuff from Home Depot.

People are smashing it daily.

We picked up a Peloton bike at the end of last year. It's been great working out on it. Plus have some free weights in the basement that I've been using as well.

My workouts havent changed as we have a good gym in the basement.

I do weights Mon-wed-friday (i do 90 seconds of jump rope between sets)
    cardio tues-thurs-sat (i do 300-400 push ups of varying styles these days).
    Sunday is my rest day

Reactions: clcustom1911
    Looks like this right now.

Mon/Wed/Fri - Weights

Tue/Thur/Sat - Cardio and pull pyramid

Weights are all on a Rogue squat rack with olympic bar and bumpers/plates. All are 4x sets of 12 done relatively quickly with no more than 60 sec between sets. I have the weights at around 70-75 max and when I start noticing I'm blowing through sets I add 5lbs for next time.

Overhead bar press
    Squat
    Bench
    Rows
    4x50 tricep dips on bench -or- 4x12 dip station
    Deadlift
    4x24 walking dumbbell lunge
    4x24 hammer curl
    4x24 dumbbell front raise
    4x25 situps with 20lb plate
    4x50 flutter kicks

Cardio changes by the week, but the latest version is to repeat this 3-4 times:

500m at 10mph
    rest 1 min at fast pace walk
    400m at 10mph
    rest 1 min at fast paced walk
    300m at 100mph
    rest 1 min at fast paced walk
    200m at 10mph
    rest 30 secs at fast paced walk
    100m as fast as you can
    rest 30 seconds

start back at 500m

Reactions: MarinePMI
    I'm a heavyweight boxer, well at least pre-covid. But I bought two standard dumbbell handles, 140lbs in plates, 120 in 10's and 20 in 5's, along with an adjustable bench, heavy bag, and bag hanger and pullup bar/ dip bar station. I keep my same splits.
    Monday: Chest and Triceps with double end bag work
    Tuesday: Legs and Boxing
    Wednesday: Back and Biceps with double end bag work
    Thursday: Shoulders and Boxing
    Friday: Chest and Triceps with double end bag work
    Saturday: Legs and Boxing
    Sunday: Back and Biceps with double end bag work

I still kept my same weight even though I lost a little bit of size in my lats, I increased my definition in my chest and shoulders and only went up to around 11% body fat. I skip rope everyday now too. I miss my school gym but for around $700 with tax for the full set-up, I'm good to go.

I've been walk/running 1.5 miles x2 daily. Normally pushing a running stroller with a 26lb child or chasing my jack Russell lol. I started using a weight vest (60lb) because the walks were getting lame. Now i'm wearing my plate carrier. It feels better than the old-school weight vest. I'll throw in some 30 lb dumbell arms, chest, back, when I get home and pass the baby to my wife. I try to keep my heartrate up while walking so we're moving pretty fast.

just for kicks I also started taking a 12lb dumbell with me and switching arms while pushing the stroller. I promise your forearms will burn if you're doing it right.

I hate the gym and working out so this is pretty damn good for me and i'm getting good results. No complaints from the Mrs. either...brownie points for giving her a break from the kid and i'm getting exercise on.

Same as always;
    Wake up, smoke a half a pack of cigarettes, eat a box of donuts and drink a soda. Usually I drink my lunch and dinner. Lol 😂
    On a serious note, I really like that deck of cards work out. That’s a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a heavyweight boxer, well at least pre-covid. But I bought two standard dumbbell handles, 140lbs in plates, 120 in 10's and 20 in 5's, along with an adjustable bench, heavy bag, and bag hanger and pullup bar/ dip bar station. I keep my same splits.
    Monday: Chest and Triceps with double end bag work
    Tuesday: Legs and Boxing
    Wednesday: Back and Biceps with double end bag work
    Thursday: Shoulders and Boxing
    Friday: Chest and Triceps with double end bag work
    Saturday: Legs and Boxing
    Sunday: Back and Biceps with double end bag work

I still kept my same weight even though I lost a little bit of size in my lats, I increased my definition in my chest and shoulders and only went up to around 11% body fat. I skip rope everyday now too. I miss my school gym but for around $700 with tax for the full set-up, I'm good to go.

Nice, I used to box as well, heavyweight as amateur and cruiserweight as pro. Nowadays I focus mainly on cardio with a couple bodybuilding style days a week, and a squat day and sometimes deadlift day as well. I have been wearing a WHOOP strap for the past year, so workouts vary depending on what the strap is telling me about my level of recovery. A typical week could look like:

Monday: long slow run (1 hr) primarily 70-80% of max hr

Tuesday: back focused bodybuilding, half hour intervals on assault bike(30:30, 20:10, whatever)

Wednesday: squat, work up to heavy set at 80-85% of max, back down to 65-70% of max for sets of five reps, in between sets do 4 min on assault bike at 63-65rpm for a total of five sets.

Thursday: row/run at moderate pace, maybe some fuck around bodybuilding stuff. “Bodybuilding/pump” workouts are not really that challenging so I have lost interest in them in the past few years, just do them cause bored and to help maintain/prevent the cardio from burning me up.

Friday: stairmaster w/plate carrier, with a goal of completing 200 floors in an under an hour. That goal has not been obtained with the addition of the plate carrier. This is in preparation for the Manitou Incline in Colorado Springs, hopefully I can do it unweighted in under a half hour. At least that’s the goal.

Saturday: off

Sunday: Deadlift building up to a heavy single, assault bike slow ride (56-58rpm) between sets. 30min assault bike ride afterwords at 56-58rpm or ruck/run.

This is just a possible schedule, by no means is it set in stone. Everything is subject to change according to how well I’ve recovered when I wake up, or if work interferes etc. I try to always get my 1-2 weighted stairmaster sessions a week as that’s a goal I want to meet, and I really like the assault bike and do some sort of event on it just about every day(buy an assault bike now!). The rest of my workouts I sprinkle HIIT/cardio pieces in to keep my heart rate high even if I’m just aiming for a chest pump or something.

Currently weighing 240-ish, about 8% bf. Trying to get down to about 220, so diet really sucks right now. Low carb sucks. Was 275 last year, all I did was powerlifting, and I was miserable and not particularly strong for my weight either. But I did eat a lot of cookies and cake so that was fun.

End wall of text.

Cut the carbs and you will see results for sure. I went from 238 lbs and 36% body fat to 178 and around 14% maybe? 34 years old. I eat vegetables, proteins, little dairy, some fruits, seeds/nuts, water. Exercise alone never, ever got me to this point no matter how hard I trained. Lost some muscle mass along this journey, but i'm going to switch my habits soon and build up some lean mass....or that's the new goal at least. BTW...I've never felt better.

Cut the carbs and you will see results for sure. I went from 238 lbs and 36% body fat to 178 and around 14% maybe? 34 years old. I eat vegetables, proteins, little dairy, some fruits, seeds/nuts, water. Exercise alone never, ever got me to this point no matter how hard I trained. Lost some muscle mass along this journey, but i'm going to switch my habits soon and build up some lean mass....or that's the new goal at least. BTW...I've never felt better.

Exactly. You can’t outwork a bad diet. The point of exercise is to build strength and endurance, not lose fat. That’s primarily accomplished by diet. I won’t go any further lol, I’ll end up writing another damn essay

Anyways, enjoy, keep protein high and carbs On the lower end (higher on heavy squat/deadlift days) and what carbs you do eat should be complex and not sugar. Great weight loss so far.

Reactions: Wilderness
    My wife cut carbs out of her diet and the little bit of weight she had flew off of her like a lawn chair in a hurricane.

Forgot to mention....I drank and still drink beer by the gallon. Ultras though. I bet if that went away, we’d really be in business. But also no thanks I like beer! I’m drinking a beer right now frankly.

People seem to be taking Covid-19 quarantines and new normal 2 ways....either they are letting themselves go to shit, or they are shaping up.

I for one plan to turn heads next pool season, cause I missed this last one!

Reactions: cruiserweight
    Nice, I used to box as well, heavyweight as amateur and cruiserweight as pro. Nowadays I focus mainly on cardio with a couple bodybuilding style days a week, and a squat day and sometimes deadlift day as well. I have been wearing a WHOOP strap for the past year, so workouts vary depending on what the strap is telling me about my level of recovery. A typical week could look like:

Monday: long slow run (1 hr) primarily 70-80% of max hr

Tuesday: back focused bodybuilding, half hour intervals on assault bike(30:30, 20:10, whatever)

Wednesday: squat, work up to heavy set at 80-85% of max, back down to 65-70% of max for sets of five reps, in between sets do 4 min on assault bike at 63-65rpm for a total of five sets.

Thursday: row/run at moderate pace, maybe some fuck around bodybuilding stuff. “Bodybuilding/pump” workouts are not really that challenging so I have lost interest in them in the past few years, just do them cause bored and to help maintain/prevent the cardio from burning me up.

Friday: stairmaster w/plate carrier, with a goal of completing 200 floors in an under an hour. That goal has not been obtained with the addition of the plate carrier. This is in preparation for the Manitou Incline in Colorado Springs, hopefully I can do it unweighted in under a half hour. At least that’s the goal.

Saturday: off

Sunday: Deadlift building up to a heavy single, assault bike slow ride (56-58rpm) between sets. 30min assault bike ride afterwords at 56-58rpm or ruck/run.

This is just a possible schedule, by no means is it set in stone. Everything is subject to change according to how well I’ve recovered when I wake up, or if work interferes etc. I try to always get my 1-2 weighted stairmaster sessions a week as that’s a goal I want to meet, and I really like the assault bike and do some sort of event on it just about every day(buy an assault bike now!). The rest of my workouts I sprinkle HIIT/cardio pieces in to keep my heart rate high even if I’m just aiming for a chest pump or something.

Currently weighing 240-ish, about 8% bf. Trying to get down to about 220, so diet really sucks right now. Low carb sucks. Was 275 last year, all I did was powerlifting, and I was miserable and not particularly strong for my weight either. But I did eat a lot of cookies and cake so that was fun.

End wall of text.
    That's awesome you boxed pro as a cruiser, I should've been a cruiser, I was a 210lb heavyweight when I started. Football four years later took me to 275 lbs as an offensive tackle but I'm finally back in boxing form after a couple years out of football after tearing a few ligaments in my right ankle. I can't box competitively anymore as a result but your split sounds great. Now I'm more aesthetic focused as well. 8% bf is incredible though, my goal is sub 10%.

Schwyn Airdyne. very low impact on knees, hips, and back.... for those of us who have jumped out entirely too many perfectly good planes.
    all this free time covid has provided has me down over 20 percent body fat to where Im at around 15 percent and have lost around 30lbs. and significantly stronger than I was when covid started. crazy im about to hit 40 and this is the first time Ive seen whats starting to look like a Six pack since I was in my early to mid 20s.
    They dont call it the devils tricycle for nothing..... you get out what you put in.

Reactions: cruiserweight
    I actually went with a trainer I screened. Interviewed a few and didn’t really align with how I like to lift.

Wanted someone with a background similar to my goals with old school movements song with newer techniques. Elite FTS, Kabuki does something similar but geared really for power lifting. I wanted more of a customized plan for my goals and equipment that I have. Also virtual in terms of movements, coaching, review so it works with my schedule.

Demetrices Robinson strength training

Highly recommend, and very reasonable price wise.

tell him the green sorinex guy sent ya

I actually went with a trainer I screened. Interviewed a few and didn’t really align with how I like to lift.

Wanted someone with a background similar to my goals with old school movements song with newer techniques. Elite FTS, Kabuki does something similar but geared really for power lifting. I wanted more of a customized plan for my goals and equipment that I have. Also virtual in terms of movements, coaching, review so it works with my schedule.

Demetrices Robinson strength training

Highly recommend, and very reasonable price wise.

tell him the green sorinex guy sent ya
    I hope it works out well for you, personal training can be very helpful

20201113_173918.jpg

My gym is open. Currently doing a strength program and then switching to power and speed. Garage gym is the way to go.