• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Question about Badger M2008 in AICS

t.russell

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2010
Omaha, NE
I recently bought an AICS for my Badger 338LM action. The AICS was milled out at Badger (I think by Marty) to fit the larger action. My only issue is the bolt hits the cheek piece when pulled to the rear. It won't allow the next round to be picked up from the magazine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix other than cutting down the cheek piece? Is there a shorter cheek piece for the AICS (it's a 2.0 LA btw).

thanks for the help.
tom

Re: Question about Badger M2008 in AICS

You will have to cut or notch about 1/2 inch of you check pad. About the with of you rear bolt.I had to do the same on my M2008 L/A.

That is what kind of stinks about the M2008 action is how long the bolt travel rearward is. Its noticeably longer with the short action than other short action custom actions.

Mark

The bolt on my TAC 338 action comes close the cheek piece on my 2.0 but will strip a round,have to fold the stock to remove the bolt

thanks for the input. I think I may cut it down and try fill it in with some epoxy and attempt to round it off with a grinder.