• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report question about Electronic dope card

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
are there any M5 type devices that could be used as an E-Dope card ? are there other devices (Watch Display ?) that work ?
Just curious as I am not familiar with this type device or are there other easier options?

I can see now that I will need to build my own and show youse guys what i'm getting at.
Not a problem they are real cheap.
these things are pretty cool and will do a lot depending on application.
My idea was a little scrollable message board with dope ...

I have one of the M5Stack kits, I was incredibly disappointed with the lack of support and contradictory documentation. One IMU was stated, it had something completely different in it that was incompatible with just about all existing AHRS examples.

What you are trying to do likely isn't impossible but won't be as power efficient as the e-ink types. If trying to display stage info you're going to want something much larger than the 128x32 oled displays (even 128x64 is too small), something business card size is probably a practical size.

I know some of the e-ink displays offer sample programming apps that are basically a small web form. One advantage something like this would have is the ability to program the display over something other than NFC (which doesn't exist on every phone).