• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about Facebook

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    So we all know the fine print regarding the Facebook App. Its common knowledge that the App uses your devices mic, access your photos, contacts, Etc...

But what about using the web based version? I know right now there are tons of reasons to not even be on that propaganda machine and a bunch here will more than likely say to just leave Facebook all together. But I have alot of veterans that I served with, and family that it does serve a simple purpose to keep up with them.

So does anyone know if I were to delete the App, and just use my phones browser and go to the website manually, does it get the same permissions as having the app installed?

If you have a galaxy just hold your finger on the app you want to delete until the grey bar pops up with the 4 options. Let go of it and tap un install. If you have an I phone you have to ask your boyfriend (just kidding)

If you have a galaxy just hold your finger on the app you want to delete until the grey bar pops up with the 4 options. Let go of it and tap un install. If you have an I phone you have to ask your boyfriend (just kidding)

lol, I have a Galaxy Z Fold 2. (Best phone Ive ever had by a long shot). I know how to uninstall, Im just wondering about the actual permissions between using the App and using the web based version.

In other words if I uninstall the App, go to (f...book dot com) am I less likely to be spied on by Facebook?

lol, I have a Galaxy Z Fold 2. (Best phone Ive ever had by a long shot). I know how to uninstall, Im just wondering about the actual permissions between using the App and using the web based version.

In other words if I uninstall the App, go to (f...book dot com) am I less likely to be spied on by Facebook?
    I don't know exactly but I do check and set my permissions for all apps. You probably know how to do it. Just pul the top bar down and click on the gear (settings), tap apps (it will say default apps and permissions) select the app and change the permissions as you need.

The only problem is that one specific sight on the internet app can not be changed. It would change the whole internet app. I use Chrome and as you know the internet wants all of your permissions or most sites won't work.

It sucks but we just have to deal with the fact that it's 1984

Gotta imagine when you "signed" the agreement to make the account, you made a deal with the devil. Probably somewhere in there that said you waived all your rights as a citizen too. Certainly gave up the first.

Whatever apps you got on your device that require permissions, you can at anytime turn off the permissions. Just tap and hold on the app, then go to app info, and finally go to permissions and turn them off.

Use my space instead....
    No shit!😆 Wouldn't it be hilarious if Myspace became a thing again due to everyone leaving fagbook and clitter?

Edit: I guess Myspace was bought out. I just went to it and you had to join using either fagbook or clitter.

Edit#2: Holee shit, Justin Timberlake (and other investors) bought it in 2011 for $35M and sold it in 2016 to Time Inc. for $87M!!! 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
    Use brave browser and a good VPN. If you can also a random user agent plugin.

There is a reason it seems like YouTube, FB, etc make their mobile websites nearly impossible to use or super glitchy, they don’t get hardly any data compared to you installing their malware, also a reason they always confirm your mobile number for the logins when you use the mobile site, of course thats for “your security”

Also FB is all about that meta data, be sure to scrub meta data, or better yet use false meta data, in all your photos and videos, meta photo is a good app for that.

Carrier pigeon..
    and with every single phone call in America being monitored by machines do you really think it matters?

So silly.

“Sarge, I’m pretty sure the enemy saw our position, let’s just not bother with any other comsec or anything now, I mean what’s it matter.”

I’d also be more concerned with the private sector, government is pretty incompetent, it’s the private sector like Facebook and the Karens, who do all the leg work, then hand over for the state to just send their qualified immunity thugs after you, that’s what you need to worry about.

Reactions: Blutroop
    Use a browser like duck duck go when getting on fb so you can purge the cookies from the website easily when you close it out. Also use a VPN

Use a browser like duck duck go when getting on fb so you can purge the cookies from the website easily when you close it out. Also use a VPN

Random user agent
    Decent browser

Trade phone numbers/address' and dump Facebook. They are spying on you and they aren't even lying about it. You agree just by using it. You have no legal recourse and if you did, you wouldn't ever be able to prove it and if you could, you couldn't hold a candle to their legal team. You're literally a slave to their platform. But if if means that much to you...

I had Fakebook for years due to a Veterans page me and my buds used to stay in touch. I quit for good 6 months ago and haven't missed it. Everyone I want to keep in touch with has my number and I theirs.

I've never had Twatter and am purging my Instagram as we speak. I finally came to my senses and realized I cannot willingly support Communists....and that's what every one of those motherfuckers are. I ditched LinkedIn last year as well.

I got rid of Gmail and switched to an encrypted system called Protonmail. I use Firefox Focus web browser on my phone through Proton VPN. I turned off all Google services and backups of photos which were unbeknownst to me being stored automatically in a cloud. Now they stay on my device. I just came to a point where I don't need or want to share everything about my life with cyberspace.

It was nice and convenient, and shit is harder to do on the web for sure, but for me I had to do something, no matter how small. To answer your question, OP, I would think yes a web based access point to Fakebook would be less invasive, but for what you decide to upload/post. Good luck!

We should start using Facebook marketplace for some dark web communications. Selling a bucket would mean something, selling a pale could mean something entirely different. This could go on locally, regionally or nationwide.

Use them, like they've been using us.

Reactions: netranger6
    BTW, I only use Facebook for their Marketplace. Sometimes you can find very interesting thing for sale.

Reactions: Maggot
    If you are talking dodgey shit, then you will be snapped.
    Here's a thought.
    Just put up stuff that you stand by 100%.
    You know, stuff that doesn't entail rants about burning down public/state buildings (which doesn't mean you own it personally, idiot.
    If that's the case grab a mop, and help clean it up).
    Or saying "Trump by Combat"🙄
    Where was Rudy at the fiasco.... leading the way in his zimmer frame, with a MAGA flag?
    Nup, he was simply fanning the the fire of imbecility.
    Who cares if FB can see what you say in your funky little chats....... if there isn't anything to see.
    It's quite possible to protest without violence, and make statements online without using hate speech, or incendiary rhetoric.

You're so 2008.

FB tracks your location. Is able to view password protected content. Like your bank account. It looks at other social media. Mostly because they already own it and you already gave them PERMISSION to do it. Just by using it. It's packed way deep in the user agreement that I'm sure you not only read but forwarded to your attorney for approval because most layman, and many attorneys, don't even understand the contract. 🤠

TL;DR If you don’t care about your whole life being compromised, have Facebook. If the thought of that bothers you, delete your account and change your number.