• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Question about mounting a thermal scanner.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey guys,
    Just scooped up an iRay MH25 and I was curious. If you are running a scanner and a weapon sight do you run the scanner on your weak eye so you can bring the weapon up quickly or on the dominant eye and flip the scanner up, reacquire the target, and take the shot? Just a question that has been rattling around in my ADD riddled brain. Want to know how the NV gurus do it!

Last edited:
    I’m no NV guru. Just a guy with lots of time using uncle sugars issue PVS. I always helmet mount over the weak eye so as not to interfere with operating the smoke pole.

I do the same thing now with my PVS-14 on the nitecap and steiner s35 on the coyote rifle. Works ok. The S35 is a bit on the chunky side but it was a good entry point into thermal for me. Tuition at the School of Hard Knocks ain’t cheap.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Depends on whether you are running bino NV/dual band or monocular.

If I was running a dual-band bino system I would keep the thermal on my non-dominant eye so I wouldn’t lose the view when switching to the rifle.

Conqueror said it nicely.

Congrats on the RH25, helluva thermal IMO. I've been very impressed with them.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    I’m no NV guru. Just a guy with lots of time using uncle sugars issue PVS. I always helmet mount over the weak eye so as not to interfere with operating the smoke pole.

I do the same thing now with my PVS-14 on the nitecap and steiner s35 on the coyote rifle. Works ok. The S35 is a bit on the chunky side but it was a good entry point into thermal for me. Tuition at the School of Hard Knocks ain’t cheap.

Depends on whether you are running bino NV/dual band or monocular.

If I was running a dual-band bino system I would keep the thermal on my non-dominant eye so I wouldn’t lose the view when switching to the rifle.

Conqueror said it nicely.

Congrats on the RH25, helluva thermal IMO. I've been very impressed with them.
    Thank you for the advice, guys! I really appreciate it! Thank you again!

@Lowdown3 I am mightily impressed by both the RH25 and the MH25. This helmet thing is going to take some getting used to but I think it will work out perfectly.

Reactions: Conqueror