• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about stocks

lovain1932

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2008
Tennessee
I want to know the difference between similar stocks from different manufactures.I have been looking at the B&C Medalist A2 Tactical, Manners MCS-T2, HS Precision M24 varmit/tactical. They all look very similar but not in price. Is there that big of a difference in these stocks or is it just name brand that seperates them. I am having trouble deciding. I will be using this stock for hunting and target shooting out to 800 yards. The rifle is a rem700 varmit 308

Re: Question about stocks

Try to get behind as many as possible and buy the one that feels like "home". Comfort and repeatability are the most important features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try to get behind as many as possible and buy the one that feels like "home". Comfort and repeatability are the most important features. </div></div>

Best advice. It might look good in the pictures, but until you had your hands on one & shouldered it, you'll never know if it fits you.

Short of trying out the stocks and handling them, it is really difficult to make an informed decision.

There are not any gun shops in my area that carry aftermarket stocks so I don't have the ability to try them out. But again is there a signifigant difference in the three stocks that I mentioned. In photos of the three they all three look very similar but what makes them different other than different manufactures