• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Question about the 2014 SHC Dates -- Can we change it ?

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, I have a very tricky question that I would like to get some input on.

it appears the SHC and K&M have planned a match for the same weekend. I would much rather not step on anyone's toes and force others to choose one match over the other.

Shannon & Bryan are good friends of mine and we were both unaware until now that we scheduled the matches at the same time.

Shannon, being on Active Duty in the Service has a limited window for leave and time off. I tend to be a bit more flexible.

My question:

I can change the dates of the SHC since we have not opened registration or have too many put in for time off ?

My thoughts would be to change it at least by 2 weeks ?

So please give me some input, I know the cross over won't be huge if both were the same weekend, but we have some significant shooter that it would impact.

Nothing is written in stone, I am just floating this out there out of respect for the guys in FLA.

I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if you move it or anything but I probably won't be able to attend this year if you do. Time off is voted way in advance and takes an act of God to change at my department. Its your match bud, you should do what you think is right.

The concrete hasn't totally firmed up yet, but I am slotted for vacation and have reservations set up already. Lol, that's what I get for trying to be efficient. But, I'll try and make whatever you guys decide work

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm flexible either way, but that might just be because I've not started planning logistics.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't want to mess with people who have made reservations, I am just trying to see what the climate is..

Like I said, I believe the cross over would be small, but I am trying to gauge where we stand, no decisions have been made.

Earlier could work its early enough I would think most folks could make a change especially since no one is even officially signed up yet.

The week after is the Nor cal match,

Would it be possible to do it two weeks after that, just to give us a week in between? So something like June 12-14?

Weather is probably pretty good in June ya?

There are a couple other matches two weeks before the 22nd-24th of may, but 3 weeks before that would be great, May 1-3rd??? Weather is probably great then too!

I'm flexible if it's later, into June...but not that I matter any in the decision! June in CO is great.

would prefer it moved. hate matches on nat holidays. earlier the better also. May 16-18 would be the cats meow. No conflicting matches that weekend.

DT

I talked to Frank for bit last night and I appreciate his efforts to be flexible where I have little. It says a lot about him and his support for all the shooters that want to make both our matches. Hell, I haven't been to a SH Cup in years and moving it back might help me make it!

We all know there will be some that approve a change, others that are indifferent and still others where a change will prevent them from going. What ever happens with the dates, I appreciate Franks openness in attempting to find a solution, where he does not have too. It shows good faith on his part which I though you all should know!

Now.... My vote is the weekend of 7-8 June and I will see ya there! lol ;)

The 16 - 18th of may there is a big match up here in WA. Probably 10 or 15 guys that are signed up already for that match are planning on coming to shoot the SHC. Hopefully it's not on the same weekend

I would not go backwards on the dates, if anything I would move to the suggested week in June, the 7th or so...

But really I don't want to inconvenience anyone or mess with anyone's plans.

It really sucks to have to even consider this, but we want to help each other as much as possible.

With some already having made reservations I am really hesitant to change anything and we will just have to suffer the bit of cross over we have.

Yeah, I just registered for the Steel Safari this year because it fell right with the other matches on the schedule. I hope this all works out, as I am planning on shooting all three of the matches in question.

Bill

Mr. Frank, I don't see any matches the 12-14th of June. At least not a big match. Plus the weather in June will be awesome in CO....

Mr. Frank, I don't see any matches the 12-14th of June. At least not a big match. Plus the weather in June will be awesome in CO....

Stop it..lol

If you wont move back to may, which would be optimal with all the fresh may flowers, June 12th weekend would be second best and give more time to make new plans. Either that or something drastic like late july so you can hash out the details of the new shooting venue.

DT

That is my thinking, jumping further ahead would be the only real option if I was to change it. Bitch is for guys who put in for vacation time that now can't change them.

I really want as many as possible to show up to any match they and if they can't attend because I changed it, I think that sucks.

Yeah, I just registered for the Steel Safari this year because it fell right with the other matches on the schedule. I hope this all works out, as I am planning on shooting all three of the matches in question.

Bill

Me too.

Having the Cup on the following weekend is tough.

Weekend of May 10th?

Me too.

Having the Cup on the following weekend is tough.

Weekend of May 10th?

Actually the weekend after the Steel Safari would be phenomenal for me. The family and I were planning a Steel Safari/Grand Canyon/Vegas/drive back to Missouri through the rockies (ie. Denver) trip for our summer vacation. I could make both matches without changing too many dates/plans. But I understand if the dates can't be changed just for me...lol

Bill

I can be flexible but I think that moving it later vs forward is the only option due to having to put in advanced notice for PTO requests.

The TTGC guys brought up the Steel Safari too... if that ends the 8th, then having everyone in Denver for the 12th is it's own set of issues.

Again it is more and more with a handful have no issue, then the same number run into a conflict.

Everyone tries to ram these matches into the same month is silly, especially when nobody bothers to try and coordinate it with anyone. That is part of the reason for the TRL, to get these match directors to talk. No wonder their matches are not selling out, they are stacking the on top of each other.

Keep the date as planned, people can decide what match they attend. Some you can make and others you can't...

Any more word on the dates? I have three guys hoping to come out for the match and we needed to pin down the dates. We are really looking forward to it reguardless of when it is. Thanks

What was the original planned date for the match? Maybe it was buried in one of these other threads.

I knew it would be a busy summer match season, but back to back matches would be a pain for me (SS and SHC). A lot of the potential "local" SHC shooters are probably already registered for the Steel Safari. I know I am.

My suggestion - Pick a date and open registration so people can plan.

I am sticking with the original date as noted, in order to get completely clear of everything, I would have to go well into July.

There is just too much conflict, too many have wedged their matches in and around the Cup. It's the same weekend we did last year and really close to the weekend we did the year before, so I am not moving it.

I hate it conflicts with Shannon, but with others boxing people in by running one week after another, there is not a lot of room to move.

So the dates are:

Thursday May 22nd 2014 -- Open Shoot from 8AM to 5 PM, then we'll have registration and check in at 5PM to 6PM with food and a Safety Brief immediately after.

Friday May 23rd is the first day of the match
    Saturday May 24th
    Sunday May 25th is a 1/2 a day.

I honestly think the guys that wedge all the days into the same 30 days need to look at this stuff, it really appears they do it on purpose sometimes.

Registration will be open in a few days

Thanks all for the input.

Frank, thanks for the effort. We will just have to plan better next year. I'm sure we both won't have any problems filling the matches, I just know a number a shooters who like to shoot both.

Shannon

because I have to allocate all my pennies, does anyone know what the registration fee is this year?

Frank, the Snipers Hide Cup is the premier tactical rifle match in the world...let the other lesser matches worry about dates.

The plan is $250... as noted we'll be working on feeding people at various points, and we'll have all day Thursday open for people to shoot, plus we have some demos planned.

Frank, the Snipers Hide Cup is the premier tactical rifle match in the world...let the other lesser matches worry about dates.

I understand the dilemma here, I really do. Frank's willingness to look at moving the match to help shooters that want to shoot both matches is really good for the sport. I also understand that sometimes, no matter what you do, you cannot please everyone. But saying the "other" matches are lesser in any way is ridiculous. I have shot the Sniper's Hide Cup the last two years, and really do enjoy that match as much as, if not more than other matches, but I would never classify the other matches across the country as "lesser". I have shot matches at K&M and I have to say their facility and staff down there is top notch. Have you shot a match there? If not, you cannot say that it is a "lesser" match. The matches down there are very well run and very challenging, the same as the Cup is. I am having a really hard time in deciding which match I am going to shoot because these were the two matches I did not want to miss this year.

I do applaud both Frank and the guys at K&M for trying to make it work, but it just didn't happen. I am still waffling back and forth between the two...

Bill

I honestly hate it and enjoy the matches at K&M I have shot there twice and other than the rain, which was present at both, they were fun and challenging events.

If there wasn't so many other matches jammed in around the Cup, I would have switched it, but to do it right and still have the windows for the shooters, it would have to be pushed into the end of June or July. I had already put the word out, even at SHOT so the change was just harder than I hoped.

I hate for everyone, Shannon, the shooters, etc... hopefully we can get past this period of everyone out there doing it independently and create a better resource through the TRL Idea where we can organize and adjust better. Next year the CUP will more than likely be moved to work with the TRL Concepts

Coloyooper - Your comment was unnecessary and in poor taste. It contributes to divisions which really goes against what the post was about. I'm not sure how it is beneficial to the thread. Your desire or personal need to enter the graces of Frank must be your justification. Many call that "spot lighting or sucking up". Typically that is not a character trait highly thought of.

I can assure you that you would not have stated that statement if I was standing in the room, knew who we and how train, been to our facility or one of our matches. You have hijacked the thread and now others are attempting to pacify your potentially decisive comment instead of working on the way ahead.

Frank - Like I said earlier - thanks for effort and I'll be touch soon.

Shannon

My God...My comment was completely "tongue in cheek". I apologize if I offended those with sensitive dispositions.

Welcome to the internet and texting and emails dude. Tone and context and sarcasm really don't come through that well. (I'm being slightly condescending right now, because your post did come across as dickish for those of us who have no idea who you are.) See, parenthesis help!

No big deal man, if you actually own it. Just think a little bit more how a post might be perceived next time with a potentially sensitive situation between two of the biggest match organizers in our sport. It's not really about sensitive dispositions, these are huge, expensive propositions for the people that work on putting these together.

Back on topic, I hope to make the Cup (if I don't it will be because I am in training.) I also hope to make it down to Florida someday to K&M, looks like a world-class facility and would be nice to shoot and golf in warm weather next winter!

My God...My comment was completely "tongue in cheek". I apologize if I offended those with sensitive dispositions.