• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about the forster FL sizer/ultra seater set

Raufoss

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
Missouri
Does the forster FL sizer will work for lapua brass as he's not working with bushing or it's junk and i should get the redding bushing FL sizer?

Forster products are good dies! Their FL sizers should work well in most any application. Perhaps you have a defective one, or perhaps you are not setting it up correctly?

Does the forster FL sizer will work for lapua brass as he's not working with bushing or it's junk and i should get the redding bushing FL sizer?

I don't really understand your question. Can you please restate it? Are you asking if the Forster bushing die is inferior to the Redding bushing die? I like and use Redding dies, but I would not say that the Forster dies are junk at all. They are good dies.

Could you repeat the question in english ? I've always used redding but recently bought a set of Forster dies . They are as good as the Redding if not better. Work perfect with any brass.

Thanks for all the info

Solved the issue
Bought a redding bushing FL and a forster ultra micrometer seater.

[MENTION=33663]bigjohn451[/MENTION] - your correct, I was thinking neck sizing - forgot they make a shoulder bump bushing die. However as far as I know - they don't make (nor intend to make) a bushing FL dies to size the neck - AFAIK only Redding makes this type of die currently (between the two).

Interesting how we piece together die sets.

For my 25-06 I use a Lee Collet Neck Die or a Lyman FL Size Die, a Redding Body Die and a Forster Ultra Seat Die.

For my 223 I use a Redding FL Size Die, a Forster Ultra Seat Die and a Redding Taper Crimp Die.

For my 221 Fireball I use a RCBS FL Size or Redding Neck Die and a C-H Seat Die.

For my 7mm Rem Mag I use a Lee Collet Neck Die or a Redding FL Size Die and a Redding Seat Die.

For my 45-70 I use a Hollywood FL Size Die, a Lee Powder Through Expander Die, a Vickerman Seat Die and a Redding Taper Crimp Die.

The only cartridge I load where I use a single die manufacturer is 40 S&W pistol and I use the Lee set with a Lee Classic Turret for that. I'm pretty much color blind but you will not find Hornady dies or other Hornady equipment on my bench, bad experience that I don't care to repeat. Never ventured into the Dillon world as I do mostly rifle.