• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about the value of NRA Reloading Class

AkosPrime

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Alexandria, VA
There's a ton of really great information in this forum, which I'm working my way through now. For something like this though I'm more of a hands-on learner. I looked around and eventually (aka this summer) the NRA is offering their Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading course at location near me. I'm just wondering if anyone has taken/taught this course and if it's worth the money? I know most, if not all, of the value of the course might be dependent on the particular instructor but just trying to get an idea if there's any potential value at all.

I really want to get into reloading, but I don't have a very mechanical heavy background. Electronics/computers and I'm gtg but for whatever reason it takes me more time and effort to get good at mechanical stuff. From all the reading I've done on the subject I know it comes down to attention to detail, but I just feel that this is one of those things where I want somebody who knows what they're doing looking over my shoulder the first few times until I actually seem to 'get it.'

If you guys don't think the NRA course is worth it (or even if you do), do you have any other suggestions for hands-on training in reloading that I might investigate?

Re: Question about the value of NRA Reloading Class

if its not very expensive, $50 or less theni say it might be worth it.

another option is to see if anyone on here that is local that might show you the ropes.

Re: Question about the value of NRA Reloading Class

maybe you can find someone in your area in the member link up that would be glad to show you how to reload it's not hard but you do have to stay on your toes and watch what you are doing.