• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Question about zeroing scope on SPR

Mk636

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
Savannah, GA
Gentlemen, I have an 18" Larue Stealth and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mounted on a Larue SPR 1.5. The rifle shoots well, and I've zeroed my EOtech on it, but I'm having trouble with the scope. At 100 yds, the elevation turret is maxed out and my point of impact is still almost a foot high. Am I missing something here? I've considered getting the Larue mount with the cant, but thought I'd ask around here first before I lose money. Thanks for any input!

Re: Question about zeroing scope on SPR

When you say maxed out, do you mean adjusted upward as high as it will go, or bottomed out downward and still shooting almost a foot high?

As high as it will go and my POI is still almost a foot above point of aim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk636</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As high as it will go and my POI is still almost a foot above point of aim. </div></div>

How about turning it lower?

If you still have trouble with this send me a PM and i'll get with you and see if I can help. I shoot down at Richmond Hill about every week.

The LT-158 will make the situation worse if you are at the bottom of your elevation range(can't bring the round any lower), unless you mount it backwards.

You really are in a good position if you can get the 100yd zero at the bottom of your adjustment range. It means you have more elevation adjustment to allow for longer ranges.

I would give a shout to Larue. I thought I read that some of their uppers, specifically the ones used for the OBR have 20 MOA built into it. This being a stealth upper should not be the issue... Maybe call the customer service from Bushnell and tell them you can't get zeroed.

Sounds like an Optics issue. I can't imagine a Larue Billet upper or LT-104 could be that out of spec. To verify, mount the scope on another AR and zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk636</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As high as it will go and my POI is still almost a foot above point of aim. </div></div>

How about turning it lower?</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk636</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As high as it will go and my POI is still almost a foot above point of aim. </div></div>

How about turning it lower? </div></div>

Turn your elevation knob down will lower your POI.
Nothing related to the mount, optics. at least not yet!
smile.gif