• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for all of you New Yorkers...

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
My son just turned 17 and for his birthday I told him that he could buy the parts to build his own AR15. He was originally going to try to build it himself, but he realized that there are a lot of tools that he does not have does not have the money to buy. Now he wants to bring the parts to a gunsmith and have learn how to assemble an AR15 so he can learn from a professional and so he does not have to wait another couple months to get enough money to buy the tools. My question is will it be OK/legal for him to drive the parts out to a gunsmith and drive back home with an assembled AR15 (that is complaint with all state laws)? He is 17 and has his senior license and has no record for bad driving or anything else. He also has a hunter's safety permit if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for the help.