• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for Boyd's Agility Owners

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    Is it just me but does it seem that the adjustable cheek piece on the Boyd's Agility stock cannot be raised high enough to support a good cheek weld?

I have an Agility with the adjustable cheek piece for the Savage Impulse Big Game rifle. The stock seems perfect in every way except for the adjustable cheek piece.

I have a suppressor on the end and tried different height rings. The extra high rings help to keep the suppressor out of the field of view and the low rings are too low. So I compromised with a set of Burris Signature rings with 1.25" height.

The rifle is comfortable to shoulder from the bench, sitting, rested on a tripod or off-hand. However, getting behind the rifle in a prone position is a real pain in the neck.

I have to rest my lower jaw on the cheek piece to get a proper position for my eye behind the scope. On my other chassis equipped rifles, I can raise the cheek piece really high and rest my cheek bone on the raised cheek piece.

With the agility cheek piece, I need an extra 1.5 to 2 inches more adjustment to get comfortable.

I called Boyd's and explained my problem and asked if they could ever supply longer rods or a cheekpiece with extra wood as an added option.

The customer service representative told me that was the number one complaint from their customers and that she would pass it on to management.

Has anyone else had this problem and what was your remedy?

I'd like to get longer rods and screws to put in the cheek piece assembly but don't know where to start for a DIY solution. Otherwise, I may have to go to the gunsmith or a machinist to get what I want.

If I cannot get the cheek piece any higher, I may have to remove the suppressor and shoot it as-is with much lower scope rings.