• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question for CQBSS owners

ckmcmuso308

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2011
I just purchased a cqbss recently and from about 4 or 5 x to 8 x the image gets extremely blurry as you go up in power. Is there something wrong with my scope? Seems like adjusting the ocular doesn't help much either.

The two I have are clear across the mag range. It took me longer to get these scopes adjusted because of the long winded ocular ring. I adjusted the ocular at 1.1x and 8x until I got the reticle and the image focused to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
Well I just got it back out and the image is blurry from 4x all the way through 8x. 1.1-3x produces a very crisp image. I understand that the ocular is intended to sharen the reticle. The scope does not have parralex, so there's either something wrong with the scope or my eyes aren't made for a cqbss. Yes just for kicks I adjusted the ocular through the full range at all different zoom ranges. I guess I should call Leupold and have them take a look.

I have one and last time I looked through it...it appeared clear all the way from 1-8x.
i believe I adjusted the diopter at 8x on a blue sky until I got the reticle focus.