• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question for the lefties.

Rastoff

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
So Cal (Near Edwards AFB)
Anyone who's left handed knows the struggle in a right hand world. We've all grown used to using right hand devices and are usually reasonably comfortable with that.

My question is this, for a bolt action gun, do you find any advantage to getting a left hand version? I'm currently shooting a Ruger RPR and it's been fine so far. Is there any reason I should look for a left hand gun?

For all shooting positions a LH rifle is better overall. I can run a right hand rifle, but I run a left hand rifle better. I will never go back to a right hand bolt action. Unless it's an old surplus rifle, then they're just fun.

For me the side your eye dominant and handed is going to be much better. I'm running all lefty guns with the exception of the 10/22 which I'm planning on getting one next year.

For me, a LH rifle is better for all positions other than prone or on a tripod. I personally like having my trigger hand welded to the grip on my RH range rifle while using my support hand to work the bolt. However on my LH hunting rifle that doesn't work out so well for me.

In a hunting or leisure scenario I don’t see any problem using a RH bolt gun, but in a tactical style competition using a LH gun makes like much better. When you are busy standing on your head, shooting off of a barricade on a simulated rooftop, that’s floating on a fake boat, it is a lot easier to manipulate the bolt and handle the rifle safely.

Reactions: Kontrolledkaos556
The thing I never though of until one of the vendors (LRI I think?) brought it up, is having your face in front of the action should some thing let go. Rare, sure. Don't want it to be me...

What all the others said above i recently figured out as I just converted to all left handed actions. Would never go back now that i know better.

Reactions: LeftyJason