• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for the "Old Guy's"

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
When I say old, I mean wearing eye glasses, not a limber as you used to be and more effected by hot and cold.

If you had a choice to "take the shot" (one shot) at the first light of the day... or .... The last light of the day. Which would you choose ?

I think its more about the direction of the light for me - ie am I shooting into the lit areas or into heavy shade. For this I don't think it matters, both in my mind are pretty similar. (I need reading glasses now - but my distance vision is still very good).

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Depends on situation.

Evening shoot in a short drag out situation with help not so bad. Central game cleaning station with lights hoist and running water In temps cool enough to put down flies.

Stand hunting short range cns shots? Illuminated retical, Evening would be fine.

Otherwise first daylight.

In Texas it's temperature dependent for me, hot processing sucks.

ahhh - sorry to the OP - I didn't realize he was talking about taking a hunting shot. Hunting is totally different because of the other aspects like processing and daylight time to work (temp as well - hands get real cold once the sun goes down in Colorado).

But if taking a shot, and not hunting - to me its more about the angle of the light, and not about the time of the day.