• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for you blackout shooters.....

Nostradumbass

Falconer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2009
    NE Texas
    Bout to buy a cmmg upper with carbine length gas tube. I've got a 30 cal can, so the question is..."can I shoot subs and supers suppressed with this shooter?"
    Trying to filter through the pertinent information, and AAC never answers the phone, so your input and shooting experience is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Phillip

Re: Question for you blackout shooters.....

A full power .30cal suppressor that is able to handle .308 should easily handle both super and subsonic .300blkout from everything I have read.

Many guys are using 9mm cans for the subsonic stuff, but that's a "no no" with full power loads.

Onyx

Right on,
    But apparently some people are saying that suppressing supersonic 300 blackout rounds create too much "pressure" and won't cycle right.....can't quite understand why though.
    I shoot my 6.8 spc suppressed all the time, with no issues. And it's the same weapon platform....so what gives?

I never had any problems shooting 300 whisper rounds, sub or super sonic, through my 308 can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right on,
    But apparently some people are saying that suppressing supersonic 300 blackout rounds create too much "pressure" and won't cycle right.....can't quite understand why though.
    I shoot my 6.8 spc suppressed all the time, with no issues. And it's the same weapon platform....so what gives? </div></div>

It will increase back pressure and therefore increase carrier speed. In extreme cases it can cause malfunctions, but it's not likely. Even then you can usually correct them with a heavier buffer.

With the suppressor you are fine shooting subs or supersonic rounds.

Without the can attached the sub "may" work, but there is a good chance you will get short stroking.

Most carbine gassed rifles don't shoot subs without the can. If you are planning to shoot subs with / without a can, get a pistol gas ported barrel.

I built mine with a pistol port as I run 220SMK 99% of the time suppressed, but it will cycle them 100% without the Trident-9.

When I want to shoot without the can Super sonic, I switch the switch-block to High Pulse mode and have no issues with over gassing. It's the best of both worlds. The Pistol port was my only option on the 9.25" barrel BTW but I'd likely go that route even for a non SBR.

This is actually 300 Whisper in case people think there is a difference that matters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DVC Guns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most carbine gassed rifles don't shoot subs without the can. If you are planning to shoot subs with / without a can, get a pistol gas ported barrel.

I built mine with a pistol port as I run 220SMK 99% of the time suppressed, but it will cycle them 100% without the Trident-9.

When I want to shoot without the can Super sonic, I switch the switch-block to High Pulse mode and have no issues with over gassing. It's the best of both worlds. The Pistol port was my only option on the 9.25" barrel BTW but I'd likely go that route even for a non SBR.

This is actually 300 Whisper in case people think there is a difference that matters. </div></div>

This is what I run on my 16" .300 Fireball with a 1:8 twist. I rarely run supersonic or unsuppressed.

I have a 10.5" barrel and use a Surefire 762 can. It cycles fine with or without the suppressor with subsonic loads. I have had to tweak my reloads based on temperature to keep them subsonic. No other issues I have seen.

Bill

I have a 9" AAC running on my SBR POF lower. Shoots great using Remington super and subs with and without a can. Used AAC 762SD and AAC 762 SDN-6. I'd stay away from CMMG products. Their ammo is total crap and dangerous not sure about other products but thats was scary enough for me to stay completely away. Thier 175 subs were all loaded with different weights of powder. Low end was 11.8 high end 14.1. That's very unsafe!!

I have run my 16 inch AR upper with sub and supersonic 300 BLK reloads with a heavy 300 win mag AAC suppressor without any problems at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bout to buy a cmmg upper with carbine length gas tube. I've got a 30 cal can, so the question is..."can I shoot subs and supers suppressed with this shooter?"
    Trying to filter through the pertinent information, and AAC never answers the phone, so your input and shooting experience is greatly appreciated.</div></div>

Sub and supersonic damn well should work while suppressed, that's the whole point of the round.

I do see a lot of complaints on here about using subsonic unsuppressed.

My .300 Whisper works suppressed or not, subsonic or supersonic, in any combination. However, it has a pistol length gas tube even though it's 16".

I have an 8" Noveske with an AAC 762-SDN-6. It shoots both subs and supers just fine with the can (I have shot it both semi- and auto- using both types of ammo.) It occasionally short-strokes firing subs without the can. But since I never shoot it without the can, it's a non-issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an 8" Noveske with an AAC 762-SDN-6. It shoots both subs and supers just fine with the can (I have shot it both semi- and auto- using both types of ammo.) It occasionally short-strokes firing subs without the can. But since I never shoot it without the can, it's a non-issue.</div></div>
    Never say never. I used to say I'd never shoot it without the can, then one day I simply forgot the can.

Considering it's a 1.5 hour drive to my spot, it was a choice between shooting without a can or not shooting at all.

I think all guns should function both with and without the can, unless the can is integral of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an 8" Noveske with an AAC 762-SDN-6. It shoots both subs and supers just fine with the can (I have shot it both semi- and auto- using both types of ammo.) It occasionally short-strokes firing subs without the can. But since I never shoot it without the can, it's a non-issue. </div></div>

+1. I have the same barrel on a pistol lower with the same results
    with a 762-SDN-6 and a Gemtec Sandstorm.

10" Noveske 300 BLK with Pistol length gas system and TBAC 30P-1 suppressor.
    Everything is Good to Go with that setup.

As far as your new upper, the barrel length will have a lot to do with things as well.
    I've heard of people having to open up the gas port up on the CMMG uppers to get some setups to run.

I wouldn't worry about it until you have everything together.
    Then just go to the range and test things out.
    If a problem presents itself, deal with it then.