• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for you C&R holders out there

BWYoda

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
NC/Baghdad
Just being told that there were pretty good discounts afforded to C&R holders was enough for me to have my application winging it's way out the door a couple of weeks back! Down to the meat of the issue for you guys that already have yours..........what sort of discounts are you getting and on what sort of merchandise?

Re: Question for you C&R holders out there

Hey there bud.The C&R dosen't get you many discounts, at least I've never seen much of one.The discounts are really the prices you are able to get on C&R guns by ordering direct from places like AIM or J&G among others.If you are like me you get pissed when you go to a gunshow or dealer and they want 3-4 times what the gun is worth.An example is a local gunshow where a seller wanted $275.00 for a rough Mauser when you could get one for about half that with the C&R.You can also buy C&R guns out of state when traveling or off Gunbroker.You do realize it is only for C&R guns which are mostly old military rifles.By the way thanks for your service.

Thanks JW. I was aware of the discounts available on the C&R weapons themselves, but was also interested in the others that I was told were available from places like midway/brownells. Apparently if you send off copies of the license together with a covering letter asking them to include you on their dealer pricing list it pays dividends and you can obtain some deals. Of course it could all be urban legend - I'll just have to find out when mine arrives and I try it for myself. At the very least, and as you rightly point out I can cut through the dealer BS in future.

It's not an urban legend, but the discounts aren't that significant either. You get dealer pricing at Midway and some other places if you send in a copy of your C&R license...sometimes it's no different than regular retail pricing (pretty rare to see discounts on ammo, for example) other times it's a nice big chunk off of retail (I saved a few hundred bucks on a Leupy Mark 4 scope a few years back). It's certainly worth the price of getting the C&R.

Hope your not in a hurry! Mine has been pending since May 5th. I've been told 60-90 days by one service rep, and 8 weeks by another! I'm definitely hoping for the later as I am coming up on 7 weeks! The wait is killing me as I have a couple of C&R items I would really like to get a hold of at the dealer price and shipped to my door! Hurry up and wait I guess. I am trying to look at it as good mental exercise for the 6 - 9 month wait for a form 4 once I have the C&R in the bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope your not in a hurry! Mine has been pending since May 5th. I've been told 60-90 days by one service rep, and 8 weeks by another! I'm definitely hoping for the later as I am coming up on 7 weeks! The wait is killing me as I have a couple of C&R items I would really like to get a hold of at the dealer price and shipped to my door! Hurry up and wait I guess. I am trying to look at it as good mental exercise for the 6 - 9 month wait for a form 4 once I have the C&R in the bag. </div></div>

I've heard of plenty of people having to wait awhile but I got mine in a little over 30 days after sending in the forms, hope that gives you some hope. I, like many people, got mine after seeing the inflated prices at gun shows and some shops, the discount thing was a secondary perk. To answer the op's question they do exist but none I've come across are substantial. Still its better than paying full retail. As was said above midway does offer a discount, I forget how much exactly but it is certainly welcomed by me that's for sure. I have also got good prices on non-c&r firearms from possesing a FFL03. I've dealt with http://classicarms.us/ on several occasions and was always pleased with the service and quality of product. J&G is another decent dealer and there are a slew of others out there if you look around.

You get very nice discounts with Brownells, Grafs.com and certain items on Midway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You get very nice discounts with Brownells, Grafs.com and certain items on Midway. </div></div>
This.
I've gotten discounts at MidWay and Brownell's....it's better than nothing and you only have to send in the copy of the C&R to which ever dealer once every 3 years. Not much effort there.

I received the original pretty quickly but the renewal took forever.

Thanks fellas - pretty much as I expected with the discounts but something is always better than nothing. If I can get another CRF 1200 at a good price I'll be all over that! Thanks for the link to classic arms as well Buck - I'll be salivating over a few of those when I'm a freshly minted C&R!

The July dealer flyer just came out from MidWay. I checked some of the item prices between the flyer and the website. Some of the smaller stuff, like a Leupold lens pen, was no difference. More expensive items like a nice pair of behind the head ear-pro was actually a good savings...I believe it was about $40 cheaper in the dealer catalog. A case of Lapua brass was much cheaper in the dealer flyer then the website.

The dealer flyer is a 12meg PDF, likely too large to try and attach here.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

The discounts I've received from Brownells and Midway have payed for the C&R 20 times over. Its worth having.