Question for you Rem700 LTR owners(Trigger pics)

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
Just picked this up in a trade, unfired, and looks untampered with. So why does this thing have an 8oz trigger pull?? Kinda light, and reminds me of a Savage accutrigger on their varmint-target series. I'm not complaining, cause its a target rifle when I get a scope mounted, but man thats light for a factory trigger!!

recurry

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2010
Re: Question for you Rem700 LTR owners

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked this up in a trade, unfired, and looks untampered with. So why does this thing have an 8oz trigger pull?? Kinda light, and reminds me of a Savage accutrigger on their varmint-target series. I'm not complaining, cause its a target rifle when I get a scope mounted, but man thats light for a factory trigger!! </div></div>

Hi JD,

I have an LTR in .223 that I purchased new from the factory in 2008, and I can tell you it would have taken at least two lawyers to pull that trigger when the gun was fresh out of the box. I would guess somebody monkeyed with the trigger - do all the screws on the trigger still have epoxy over them?

If the gun is really factory new, you might want to have a gunsmith check the trigger out (if you don't know how to vette it yourself) because 8 ounces from the factory just isn't right.

Cheers,

Russ

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.

Russ, havn't pulled the action off the stock, but I will now and look.

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.

Action screws were very tight! But no epoxy on any of the 3 set screws. Rifle does look unfired or touched. How do I know what triggers in this thing? I'm a total Rem 700 newbe!

athanasios23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
New York, USA

just shot my ltr for the first time a couple weeks ago.....the triger felt light too...but i like the feel of it

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.

After looking online, its not an X mark pro. Mine has 3 set screws on the front face of the trigger assembly

Tango2249

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2010

I also just picked up an LTR and the trigger on my rifle seems light for a factory trigger. It does feel nice though. Going to the range this week.

flyboy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2008
Clearfield, PA

Can you get a piture of the trigger (without stock) online. We may be able to give you better help at that point.

merc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Texas

my LTR came with about a 1 1/2lb trigger

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merc308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my LTR came with about a 1 1/2lb trigger </div></div>

Wow. Mine came with 5 1/2 lb. trigger.

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you get a piture of the trigger (without stock) online. We may be able to give you better help at that point. </div></div>
IMG_0604.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Southern MD

You got the older style remington trigger. Consider yourself lucky as that is a better trigger than the X-mark. I've used both and wouldn't mind replacing my X-mark with the older style.

gunnut284

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Orlando, FL

Mine came with a 40X trigger at about 2.5lbs. I don't think that trigger above is a older 700 trigger, doesn't look like the ones I've seen. I'm not up on the various triiger options but I'm sure someone will be along who does.

chad3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2006

My old Rems have slotted screws in it. That has allen. Thinking something other than older Remington.
Chad