• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on first-line belts

RoBro Cop

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2018
So I've been looking at first line belt and Molle pad systems and I find myself confused. I've noticed that the consensus seems to be using padded belts that don't link to any pants/riggers belts at all. Maybe its because I come from an LE background and I'm used to my duty belt being hooked to my pants belt with keepers, but this seems very strange to me.

Can anyone recommend any Molle pads that do attach to the pants belt?

Ronin tactics belts have an inner and outer belt like you want and have Molle. Lots of other similar options out there as well

Last edited:
The inner belt worn w/ the outer belt & keepers sucks. If you wear a nylon belt & accessories it’s a colossal waste of time & money. Companies like Don Hume, Bianchi & Blackhawk have all left me incredibly disappointed & scratching my head. It wears down & falls apart very quickly. I get really pissed off when something breaks or falls apart while I’m using it. Besides, wearing keepers is a pain in the ass to take them off & put them on, don’t lose them, polish them, etc.

*A leather belt set-up will last for years but it still isn’t comfortable.

These days I wear a HSGI Suregrip belt w/ & a HSGI rigger’s belt w/ COBRA Buckle. I have Molle attachments all over my belt & that is how I attach all my gear. I’ve been using this equipment every day for a year & a half & its holding up far better than I ever expected. I work in a brutal environment where my equipment is abused often. It costs more no doubt, but it’s quality gear & it’s dependable.

Everyone says “buy once, cry once” & then buys shit made by whatever company. Save yourself the headache & buy quality gear from the start.

For the record, I have no affiliation w/ HSGI other than being a customer.

The inner belt worn w/ the outer belt & keepers sucks. If you wear a nylon belt & accessories it’s a colossal waste of time & money. Companies like Don Hume, Bianchi & Blackhawk have all left me incredibly disappointed & scratching my head. It wears down & falls apart very quickly. I get really pissed off when something breaks or falls apart while I’m using it. Besides, wearing keepers is a pain in the ass to take them off & put them on, don’t lose them, polish them, etc.

*A leather belt set-up will last for years but it still isn’t comfortable.

These days I wear a HSGI Suregrip belt w/ & a HSGI rigger’s belt w/ COBRA Buckle. I have Molle attachments all over my belt & that is how I attach all my gear. I’ve been using this equipment every day for a year & a half & its holding up far better than I ever expected. I work in a brutal environment where my equipment is abused often. It costs more no doubt, but it’s quality gear & it’s dependable.

Everyone says “buy once, cry once” & then buys shit made by whatever company. Save yourself the headache & buy quality gear from the start.

For the record, I have no affiliation w/ HSGI other than being a customer.

Do you use suspenders with this set up, or any other method for keeping it from moving. The HSGI stuff gets mentioned a ton and I thing it's time to grab some up.

I'm rocking the G-Code setup with inner/outer belt & kind of a new take on the old ALICE clip... Works a hell of a lot better than I'm describing it, I like this setup a lot.

Coyote Tactical’s Orion belt which is sold through T-Rex Arms has nylon/velcro keepers that allow you to have a connection to you pants belt. It has a Molle interface but also allows you to weave you inner belt in and out of the the pad for gear that is not Molle compatible
BCCF3B88-A210-4D49-98FF-B6DAC9AF3293.jpeg

Last edited:
I use a crye modular riggers belt and keep it interwoven with my pants. One belt essentially, and it does exactly what I need. Having two belts, one for your stuff and one for your pants that don’t integrate with each other is an old, kinda shitty way to do it.

I run a tyr tactical. I forget the model name but its the same concept as the crye and the ronin senshi. No LE background for me, but I've used it for over a year now on the infantry side of things and I have zero complaints. I was skeptical leaving a typical battle belt and suspenders for this, but now that I have it I dont know why I didnt switch sooner. It stays put, never moves, stays comfortable and the quality is great. Mine is multicam, I know they make it in brown and I think black may be an option too. A typical load out for me is 1 frag, a 30 round AR mag, first aid kit, dump pouch, 2 smokes and an m17. The belt holds the weight well, doesnt sag, etc. I couldnt be happier