• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question on H-S Precision stocks

GLOCK10MM

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2006
Why is it that I see some less than stellar things said about H-S precision stocks. I'm considering picking up a used Sendero in 300 Win Mag which I believe has a H-S precision stock. Are the ones provided by OEM's different/inferior to regular commercial in some way. I'm not trying to start a bash/war, just curious. Thanks for your comments and experience.
cool.gif

Re: Question on H-S Precision stocks

HS stocks are ok and get the job done. handle a mcmillan for a while and you will think an HS feels like garbage. its just a feel thing for me, the HS if skim bedded should do just as well as any other stock.

The H-S Precision is an OK stock for the money, a far sight better than most stocks which come on standard OTC class rifles. I'm used to the feel of them, having several Senderos, and when a new Win. Mod 70 sporter of mine wouldn't shoot worth a crap, I ordered an H-S and threw away the injection molded POS which came with the rifle. Groups dropped from a couple of inches at 100 yds. to sub-1", reasonable for a sporter weight big-game field rifle that's under a grand.
I've never felt the need to replace any of the H-S stocks on my Senderos, they all shoot.

Nothing wrong with an HS/P at all. If you like heavy do a McM. If you have big bumps in the ground an are going long via boots, lite is right. Nothing like being worn out before the game begins.

Whatever fits you an your style of shooting best, is what you should use.
Myself, HS/P gets it done in all positions, w/o extra, un-needed weight, or a very long wait time.

I currently have a McMillan A5 under my 40X Repeater. I've had it in an HS Precision PST025 also and honestly they're pretty much the same to me. I'm spoiled by a vertical grip and adjustable cheek-rest and both have it. FWIW...

Well I just bought a AAC-SD and it came with the crappy Hogue stock so I found a HS Precision take off. Put it on today and shot it some and I loved the stock my groups improved dramatically. The only downside for me is the grip is HUGE really wide and I have smaller hands so it feels awkward and it puts my finger at a weird place on the trigger. Hopefully I can just get used to it but for now its kind of weird.

I own all three that are being talked about and this is how I grade them.

McMillan A+
H-S A-
BC B

I have more H-S than any other.

The one I got came off a 5R. Do all the 5R's have the palm swells? Whats the advantage of the palm swell?

I have a H-S on my hunting rig and it does the job just fine. Never had a problem walking with it or it being bumped around in the back of the car.