• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question on tactical pants....

22_250

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2010
Midland, TX
I have tried several different searches on yahoo and google looking for a tactical type/style of pants with a 38 inch inseam. So far I have turned up nothing over 36.... Any ideas/suggestions???

Re: Question on tactical pants....

I would but can't wear boots at work, at least not over the pants like you typically would with this type of clothing.

How tall are you. I am a little under 6'4" and I can get away with a 36. They run a little long. I wear both EOTAC and 5.11. You might want to try on a pair if you already haven't. A coworker of mine is 6'6" and he can fit into a 36 length as well.

Chuck

5.11 makes great pants..

dont tuck your pants into your boots

Got with a set of BDUs. I wore the 5.11 pants and shirts for patrol duty a few years ago. They came up a little short in length for me and I am 5'11". That and I couldnt get comfortable with that "lower back-to-below the cheek" back pocket. Sure I could fit my entire radio in there, but having my wallet at hamstring level didnt feel right. I wear the "Proper" brand BDUs now. The little cell phone/mag pocket in the front was cool. I saw a brand of BDUs with that a while back. Think it was Tru-spec???? Anyway, BDUs usually run long so they can be bloused, and you really dont get much more tactical than that.

Check out the Woolrich Elite line. Excellent products and people. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Their standard line only goes to 36" but a call wouldn't hurt to ask. Check out their offerings here www.woolrichelite.com

5.11 has their Taclite Pro and original tac pants unhemmed to 44" inseam. Do not think their TDU comes unhemmed.

5.11 now has multicam too.

Yeah, a 6'7" buddy of mine over in Snyder called 5.11 and they sent him his pants unhemmed - he had 'em done to just right for him. 5.11 is your huckleberry.

I'm a hair over 6' and I wear the 34 inseam.

What are tactical pants?

If I get my pants at old navy and wear them in a "tactical" situation. Are they then "tactical" pants?

I just always think it's funny that everything has to be "tactical".

But tan (flat darth earth for you tactical types) old navy cargo pants have worked just right in the past. No need to spend more than 20 bucks on pants.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=633497002&tid=onfr1r
you get the picture.

The op has got to be a big fucker huh! don't even make your size.

I like the heck out of the Carhart carpenter pants and the Ranger pants by Rigg's Workwear (Wrangler,) I just don't know how long an inseam can be had. The ability to put kneepads into the 5.11, and the pocket arrangement works great for my everyday workpants. The kneepad thing comes in handy at the few 3 gun competitions that I've been too, as well. The carhart and Rigg's stuff have double knees panels, too, though.

5.11 just earned my exclusive business. I got several pairs of their Tac lite pants from my work in the same size that I wear in their cotton pants. I wore them for most of the summer and they seemed pretty tight (I assumed I was packing on a few pounds and started doing cardio like crazy). When I recently switched back to the cotton pants for cooler weather (which still fit perfect) I realized that the Tac lite pants were indeed running smaller. I contacted 5.11 about the issue and that same day they shipped out replacements for all the Tac lite pants that were to small. The new pants fit perfect.

Even though they are a large company they still stand behind their product. They make a great pant (that many other companies try to reproduce) and their customer service is excellent.

Is 5:11 using the same style knee pads as the ACU's with the velcro pouch?

Other then that I just use an old set of BDU's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is 5:11 using the same style knee pads as the ACU's with the velcro pouch?

Other then that I just use an old set of BDU's. </div></div>

The 5.11 knee pads are larger than the knee pockets on the ACUs. However, the 5.11 pads are much better than the issue pads I've seen (albeit, it was a while ago) for the ACUs.

In prep for this current deployment, I got 2 sets of 5.11 pads and cut them down to fit into the ACUs.

200 bucks for pants. Hope I didn't read that correctly.

But I'm waiting for the "tactical" combat pants as an improved design over the original plain old "combat pants".

wow

It's gotten out of control when you pay $200+ for a pair of pants. Are they kevlar lined? Fire proof? Bullet or stab proof? Even made with Gortex? What could possible make them cost $200+? other than the fact that that their are a few elite groups with endless clothing and equipment budgets and a few high paid contractors with nothing better to spend their money on. I firmly believe that some companies in the industry are taking advantage of the circumstances and charging exorbitant prices because they can.

Unless a pair of pants will in some way protect me from a round, fire, or vehicle explosion, or provide me with super human bionic strength I refuse to pay $200+ for a pair of trousers.

When you consider the details and the fact they are made in the U.S., it's a wonder they can be made for that. Just my opinion, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What could possible make them cost $200+?</div></div>Kool Aid...Tactical Kool Aid that is...
KoolAidMan_AK.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300LW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you consider the details and the fact they are made in the U.S., it's a wonder they can be made for that. Just my opinion, though.

</div></div>

$200 for some sewn in knee pads, spandex, and a padded waist? I don't think so. Now I would happily pay $200 if they came in that camouflage like the predator that makes you almost invisible, I'd even pay the $750 that the Arcteryx sphinx pants cost.

Basic cotton canvas and ripstop nylon have served the greatest military in the world for over half a century, before that real men fought (and won) in wool. I'll admit that even I may be getting a bit softer by adding some neoprene knee pads to my 5.11s, but I am not soft enough to spend $200 on one single pair of pants. Just my opinion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The proper answer is if doorkicker wears them then they are automatically tactical.</div></div>

maybe doorkicker can post some pics of him sportin some Wal-mart pants so guys will think I'm high speed at the range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the Woolrich Elite line. Excellent products and people. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. Their standard line only goes to 36" but a call wouldn't hurt to ask. Check out their offerings here www.woolrichelite.com </div></div>

I would even chance a pair of the woolrich elite's 36" inseams..

I usually wear a 34 in 5.11's and the Woolrich 34's are significantly longer.

The Woolrich line is way more comfortable than the 5.11 pants. I wear the Elite line at work for the last couple years and they are excellent. The cut is excellent and allows for you to move without restriction.

The pocket layout is really good as well.

Respectfully,

--KJ

I like Tru-Spec TRU's myself. The Extra Long have PLENTY of inseam for me. At least 36" with some spare. Not sure how they'd roll for someone in need of 38" but I'm sure you'd be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200 bucks for pants. Hope I didn't read that correctly.

But I'm waiting for the "tactical" combat pants as an improved design over the original plain old "combat pants".

wow </div></div>

HOLY SMOKES, saw a guy post about the ARC'TERYX LEAF Sphinx Pattern Pants ($759) and Sphinx Halfshell Patterned top. ($550)

let me first say they look AWESOME but great odens raven!?!?!

I could understand if it was a hard core winter survival system with 4-5 layers of life saving innovation...but WOW. this is just Temperate Climate gear.

I haven't tried any of these $200 "Tactical Combat" pants, but I did just get a $200 "Combat" shirt from Propper that work supplied me with. What a waste of money! It is single stitched, and you can't even add elbow pads to the elbows. Even the Marines figured out how to add elbow pads to their tops. The arm pockets are secured by buttons, and their is no pen/ pencil slot on the arm (of course you would never need a pen or pencil in combat, that is only for REMFS). The only good thing about this top is that it is light weight and I got it just in time for fall.

As for tactical pants, I too am extra tall. luckily 5.11s and Tru Spec 24-7s are available un-hemmed, and both are great pants available in light weight ripstop nylon and cotton duck, and both are well under $200.

With details like these it is amazing that a company can sell any of these shirts for more than $25. That's just my opinion.

Tad Gear makes awesome tactical pants. They come in ripstop or heavier nylon. They only make them in small batches and they sell out quick. I have them in every cooler. Quality is top notch. And they are made in the USA.

I've taken a pair of Propper Multicams through hell and back, and they're still holding up.

Eotacs are on sale at Botach, but as with all Botach sales, they're not exactly sales. After an insane amount of shipping at least.

so arent any pants tactical or do these come with sewn in diapers for when you shit yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so arent any pants tactical or do these come with sewn in diapers for when you shit yourself?</div></div>

HAHA! Well..I would hardly consider hot pink girlpants as "tactical pants".

This thread has me rolling! Tacky-too-cool pants? Uncle Sam's donation works just fine for me!

Who the hell orders pants that cost $759??? Saudi prince warriors?

Maybe a better term could be coined? Range pants? Outdoor pants?

When I see people out in public wearing "tactical pants" I usually keep my eye on them until they are out of my AO...

This thread....

you need to start with base layers, before you start worrying about tactical pants....

I introduce to you for the first time(again) :

Tactical Tear Away Thunderwear:

pants1.jpg