• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Question on which Larue mount for DPMS LR308

speedball1969

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Hey guys, I have not posted very much on here but do try to read/search before I post a question. I have not located much information but maybe you can help me out.

I have a DPMS Lr308B with the stainless barrel. It has the Magpul PRS stock and tactical grip. I have just purchased a Super Sniper 16x scope for it and need scope mounts. Im having trouble between the Larue LT104 and the LT158. Lt104 states its perfect for any AR15 and LT158 states its better for the AR10 due to the 10 MOA made in the mount.

I only want to buy one and there is no one nearby that sells these so I can see in person. I was really wanting a one piece mount and Larue seems to be a decent brand.

Any and all help appreciated, I would like to place a order within the next few days.

Re: Question on which Larue mount for DPMS LR308

I run the LT-104 with the badger 22moa rail. I also have the PRS so the scope height is fine. I have heard good things about both mounts. How much MOA do you need for the distance you are shooting?

Im still new at this so Im not sure. I had to start somewhere so i bought this as a starter rifle. I would like to be able to hit a barn at 1,000 yards, a steel drum at 500 yards and a 12" plate at 200 yards. If I do any better starting off it will surprise me. Im not sure on how much MOA I need at this time.

Thanks for your quick reply!

pm elksniper on here. He is running the same rifle with the LT158 and a leupold mark4. He may have a pic for you.

i ran the LT 158 on my DMR and Super SASS and it makes the scope mount really low. I had a PRS stock on my Super SASS and did not need the cheek piece to be elevated. The LT 104 I traded out from the LT158 because on an AR DMR it was too low to make any dynamic movement. I had trouble with scope shadow and it forced me to stand taller to the gun to allow the proper cheek weld for no scope shadow. I think for the LR 308 it would be great to run the LT 158 because you will not be running around with that heavy gun. The low barrel to bore ratio along with the 10 MOA tilt will give you more elevation. Good luck.