• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question regarding Remington 700 Police .300 WM

Scott7.62

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

I am new on the board and I have a question, it might be a stupid question. I consider buying a Remington 700 Police, chambered in .300 Win Mag.

I did not find reliable information regarding barrel material (receiver was stated ordnance steel --> carbon steel). Is it stainless steel? Or carbon steel? A New Zealand site stated stainless steel black coated...?

The Remington LE site also does not provide more detailed info.

Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Scott

Re: Question regarding Remington 700 Police .300 WM

Welcome to the hide. I believe that all the 700Police rifles have carbon steel barrells.

Re: Question regarding Remington 700 Police .300 WM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smallbore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the hide. I believe that all the 700Police rifles have carbon steel barrells. </div></div>

Thank you. That also was my thought.

Since this New Zealand homepage was the only one stating barrel material "stainless" I was confused.